electric car..anyone got one of these

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
Prius

The Prius is the most pleasant, relaxing and easiest car to drive that I have ever tried, particularly in heavy traffic.

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
im currently building my own electric car.its a daewoo matiz with its engine ripped out.so far everything is ready to run apart from the adaptor plate and motor coupling which will mate the electric motor to the original cars gearbox.its a 72volt system with 4 trojan lead acid batterys in the boot and 2 up front where the radiator used to be.check out www.evalbum for general information.there is link for cars home built in the uk.no one seems to have converted a matiz yet.total cost so far is £2500.all going well should be ready before christmas.
That sounds like fun - I keep on wanted to do an electric conversion myself... It's not that I really have any use for an EV.. I just get bored in the evenings. Got any pics of your work-in-progress?

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
The Prius is the most pleasant, relaxing and easiest car to drive that I have ever tried, particularly in heavy traffic.
I lkike the look of the Prius. I've noticed quite a few locally and on the motorways. They seem to be quite popular. I keep meaning to check them out.

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Whatever next!

Latest green car is made from bamboo

This single-seat electric-powered concept car that went on show in Japan this week is unlikely to win prizes for its looks, but it is literally greener than its rivals; the ‘BamGoo’ has bodywork made entirely from bamboo that can be thrown on the compost heap when it comes to the end of its life.

The 60-kg eco-friendly car has been built at Kyoto University, using a local bamboo weaving technique. The car can run for some 50 kilometres (30 miles) on a single charge.

Latest green car is made from bamboo | ETA

Attachments

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Latest green car is made from bamboo

This single-seat electric-powered concept car that went on show in Japan this week is unlikely to win prizes for its looks, but it is literally greener than its rivals; the ‘BamGoo’ has bodywork made entirely from bamboo that can be thrown on the compost heap when it comes to the end of its life.

The 60-kg eco-friendly car has been built at Kyoto University, using a local bamboo weaving technique. The car can run for some 50 kilometres (30 miles) on a single charge.

Latest green car is made from bamboo | ETA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

panda's will be trading in their present car for this "meal on wheels" version...:)