Electric Delivery Bikes

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If only they had come here for advice.
Indeed, they are certainly on the wrong lines at present with what looks like a front wheel DD motor.

Quarter ton E-trike box vans have been around for years and are a much better solution than dragging a trailer. I remember A to B testing one that came with either a Heinzmann high torque front wheel motor or a Lynch rear axle motor that had huge low end power, over 4 kW at very low speed.

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sainsbury's use 5 E cargo bikes with Bosch system and 125kg payload capability out of their Streatham store I believe. With the London traffic the bike is more versatile for local deliveries (3-4 miles )then a van and apparently can manage more drops.

Co-op is another food store who use them as well.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I read recently Waitrose were also trialling this at a London store.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The riders I believe are part of the costing package and are employed by E- cargo and trained by the individual company to meet their requirement's.

• Informative

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I wonder if the misspelling in "PeddleSMART" is intentional :(

Jim

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Some things invented in sheds should stay there and never see the light of day...

Now if those guys had gone on holiday in Denmark or the Netherlands they would have discovered cargo bikes!!! But there they were, drinking beer on the Costas and their creativity got misguided somewhere along the line...

• Agree