electric moped fault

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I knew one day it would happen, But I am very lucky really, as today I was just about 500 yards from my home, when moped just cut out. like a wire had come off. no dash display nothing. so I have now decided I'm going to sell moped, and get a nice electric bike. as no way could i have pushed it all way home if i was say, 7 miles away even a mile would be a struggle, as I'm not young no more.

I have spent a good bit on the moped, so IM hoping I can sell it for at least £500 to £600, I maybe going too high. but have done lots to it. and its way too heavy for me to push home.

Reactions: Stan464

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ah well all good things come to an end or even not so good things.
You will have to let us know what the reason is when you find it, could it simplt be battery lvc or evena fuse ?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Ah well all good things come to an end or even not so good things.
You will have to let us know what the reason is when you find it, could it simplt be battery lvc or evena fuse ?
do you mean battery level. as its not battery as I have it on a charge now, and it 1st said 51v so not used much. Yes maybe a fuse, I think there is just the 1 fuse behind front light panel. or maybe a wire has jolted loose to ignition. I don't think its motor end. But I have had this worry on my mind for a good while. if say I had broken down. a good way from home. no way could I push it home, and no way can I use pedals. legs too long. I am lucky really I was just about 500 yards from home. so this is a wake up call for me. I'm too old to be pushing a moped. its nice to ride, but too heavy for me. least if I had a light bike electric I could walk home with that or even pedal home. if electrics went, as I would be much higher up on seat

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Sorry to hear this, it’s been an interesting saga, your moped journey.

Hope that you find a nice eBike that doesn’t require any work and enjoy the future cycling.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they will put it in a big wooden box and post it, you will have to pay import duty tho!

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sorry to hear this, it’s been an interesting saga, your moped journey.

Hope that you find a nice eBike that doesn’t require any work and enjoy the future cycling.

Yeah its been nice riding the moped, But it made me think today, I was lucky as I was just 500 yards from my home. I cant take the risk of it breaking down further away, as wont have the strength to push it all way home. I have wondered why I have not seen many electric mopeds around lol see why now. too dam heavy to push home.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Convert a Dahon folder? I'd just fold mine and grab a bus/taxi/plane/train if my folder broke down. Much easier to lug up stairs too. Yes I get 200% for every Dahon and bbs01b sold. Some Dahons roll when folded, which is handy when running along a train platform.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Yep, sometimes life's too short for all of the stress and hassle.
Give Woosh a call, they have some nice uk legal bikes with big batteries and throttles, plus they'll be ready to help if you ever get any problems

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Hi billy boys , on my Erider 15 there is a main fuse under the seat , it is a normal household RSB (?) , if it has tripped just switch it back on , I don’t know if there is any other fuse on the e15 , hope it is something simple . A e bike is better than the e rider it’s less hassle on roads and cycle paths .

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Convert a Dahon folder? I'd just fold mine and grab a bus/taxi/plane/train if my folder broke down. Much easier to lug up stairs too. Yes I get 200% for every Dahon and bbs01b sold. Some Dahons roll when folded, which is handy when running along a train platform.

Very enjoyable to watch. But way past my expertise

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yep, sometimes life's too short for all of the stress and hassle.
Give Woosh a call, they have some nice uk legal bikes with big batteries and throttles, plus they'll be ready to help if you ever get any problems
Well cant do much until I sell electric bike plus this moped. should hopefully make around £800 with both sold so time to get a decent electric bike what's light to carry plus quite fast not too much pedalling. as old legs not up to scratch now.

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Billyboya , let’s hope you manage the sale , if you decide to get another Erider 15 just make a offer for mine it’s less than 00250 k on the speedo ;) and arrange own delivery , but serious though a normal Ebikes is a better buy .

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi billy boys , on my Erider 15 there is a main fuse under the seat , it is a normal household RSB (?) , if it has tripped just switch it back on , I don’t know if there is any other fuse on the e15 , hope it is something simple . A e bike is better than the e rider it’s less hassle on roads and cycle paths .

No its not that under the seat, as that's just a safety switch, which disable the moped. there is a fuse just the 1 behind front panel going to ignition. orange wire I think. I wont know until I get moped up to my flat on 1st floor. my brother is going to help me up stairs Friday morning. as no where on ground floor to look at moped. I don't think its anything to do with the motor cable, as it was easy enough to push home. I was only 500 yards from home so great. as I know from last experience. when the cable twisted and broke. it was dam hard to push, like brakes was sticking. But found out it was to do with the phase wires touching. will give the effect of brakes sticking. its how you test the phase wires. there is 3 going to motor, Plus 5 thin sensor wires too. red + black- and blue, green & yellow go to the 3 sensors around motor itself.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Billyboya , let’s hope you manage the sale , if you decide to get another Erider 15 just make a offer for mine it’s less than 00250 k on the speedo ;) and arrange own delivery , but serious though a normal Ebikes is a better buy .

He He Ya having a giraffe Nar wont be getting a erider 15 again. spent too much doing mine up and its way too heavy to push around. Im getting too old for that. need a nice light bike electric, easy to carry if needed. and goes like S**T off a shovel hheeheheh

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Well I am dead electric wise , so apart from cable colours I know nothing about , should a fault occur on my bike I will seek advice on the forum , lets hope you get the moped going as it will boost the sale