electric moped fault

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I am dead electric wise , so apart from cable colours I know nothing about , should a fault occur on my bike I will seek advice on the forum , lets hope you get the moped going as it will boost the sale

Well I've had enough practise on this erider 15. took me ages to fix it. with help from people here, as I was totally clueless I never even knew there was 8 wires going to motor, 3 phase and 5 sensor ones. I've learnt loads here,

Yes I think its probably just a wire has came loose somewhere. or maybe the fuse, but what's caused the fuse to go if it is that. mind you going over bloody bumps in road don't help. I will let all know here if its a loose wire or came out ,or fuse. lets hope so. as I don't wanna be taking off back wheel and motor again. I don't honestly think its motor or back wheel axle etc. But I have to fix it to get it ready to sell.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Are well 1 bit of good news, my electric bike sold on ebay, I say sold, but it says awaiting payment , and ebay has told buyer they have 48 hours to make payment. I have buyers address etc, and he has even sent me a message, saying when is best time to collect bike. obviously I have not given him a day etc. I messaged him to say why do it say awaiting payment. I mean how can someone or even ebay say its sold when no payment made yet. I'm thinking did he just say bought, so to give him time to get money, so to stop others trying to buy bike. Im probably wrong here. But Im still waiting for his reply

Cancel the Above, Person has now made contact with me on eBay. and left his mobile no. I rang him and he said, eBay gave him a code no. as he is coming to pay on collection. I didn't realise eBay do that for collection only. But he is paying cash. so nice one.

Also would you believe, My brother came to give me a hand up 2 flight of stairs with my moped. so I can fix why it cut out yesterday. we got it up ok, I said to my brother I will just try it. bugger me it all works again. so I was right its a loose wire behind the dash somewhere. I knew it would be as it was like someone cut power. I will be checking behind the dash later and tidy up any loose wires. then when done get selling moped as well. as I was lucky yesterday only 500 yards from home when it cut out. so it must have jolted wire banging it up steps LOL . but will still check and fix

(As Del Boy used to say in fools and horses ) Lovely Jubbly )

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan464

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
hang on, all this time you've had an electric bike as well? why not use that if you are worried about breaking down with a heavy moped

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The erider I doubt is down to a loose wire, a loose wire doesn't suddenly manage to re-attach it self. It will either be the battery or more likely the controller cutting out, if the controller got to warm then it will thermally cut as the mosfets reach/exceed their max operating temperature.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
hang on, all this time you've had an electric bike as well? why not use that if you are worried about breaking down with a heavy moped
Well have you seen my ancient electric bike. It won’t even get you up a slight hill. No PA either.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well have you seen my ancient electric bike. It won’t even get you up a slight hill. No PA either.
If it can't cope with hills, you might have problems if your buyer pays with Paypal, "No Returns" stated or not. They could ask for a refund, and quite likely ebay will side with the buyer.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The erider I doubt is down to a loose wire, a loose wire doesn't suddenly manage to re-attach it self. It will either be the battery or more likely the controller cutting out, if the controller got to warm then it will thermally cut as the mosfets reach/exceed their max operating temperature.
Well I must admit the day it cut out. I had been going up a very steep, hill as I noticed the battery indicator on the dash went right down to about 40.4v then it went back up to about 50v once I was on level ground. So I suppose time I was nearly home. The controller got over heated. But I will still be selling it, as I was lucky I was just 500 yards from my home . And it’s too heavy to be pushing if I was miles away from home

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If it can't cope with hills, you might have problems if your buyer pays with Paypal, "No Returns" stated or not. They could ask for a refund, and quite likely ebay will side with the buyer.
No it’s not a problem. As buyer came to collect it today and handed me cash. But eBay took £28 for there fee, but can’t do much about that. So at least electric bike has now gone. Had it 5 years, but it was too old. So next to go is moped then I hopefully at a later date be getting a nice light weight tubeless tyres electric bike, as don’t want to be mending punctures on side of road.

The buyer saw it running and seemed happy about it. He said he only want it for short journeys. So that was a quick sale

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
No it’s not a problem. As buyer came to collect it today and handed me cash. But eBay took £28 for there fee, but can’t do much about that. So at least electric bike has now gone. Had it 5 years, but it was too old. So next to go is moped then I hopefully at a later date be getting a nice light weight tubeless tyres electric bike, as don’t want to be mending punctures on side of road.
In that case the worst that could happen, is him knocking on your door and nicking your ring doorbell? ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The buyer saw it running and seemed happy about it. He said he only want it for short journeys. So that was a quick sale
That sounds cool then - you could charge for repairs?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
In that case the worst that could happen, is him knocking on your door and nicking your ring doorbell? ;)
he he I don’t have a ring doorbell on my door. But as you know I got 1 from person I got moped from PMSL

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
he he I don’t have a ring doorbell on my door. But as you know I got 1 from person I got moped from PMSL
I'd deffo use that as a decoy! He'd stop knocking after nicking it...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yeah get rid of 2 at once lol. .
"Hills?!?!? I never said anything about hills! What you want for hills mate, is this awesome Erider 15. Never heard of them? Allow me to explain..."