Electric Mountain Bike

C

Cyclezee

You can find the weight on the spec sheet here:
http://www.oxygenbicycles.com/admin/resources/bike-downloads/emate-mtb.pdf
The weight's a bit more than the bosch because of the bigger capacity battery and the big high-torque hub-motor that makes it climb so well.

All the dealers at Redbridge were queuing up to have a go on it, and I'm not at all surprised. It didn't win the World Championship hill-climb with a rank amateur rider for nothing. He beat all the semi-pros. His only training was his one mile ride to work each day on his Apollo bike. In fact, he only found out that he was participating the day before because that's when the sample bike arrived in the UK.

i guess most people recommending anything else have never had a go on one.
Unfortunately I must have been the only dealer at Redbridge not queuing up to ride the Oxygen although it looked a fine bike. I just didn't have the time to ride any bikes:(

I did however find it reassuring that a number of people who rode our bikes commented that they were the best bikes they had ridden, this later resulted in the sale of all the eZee bikes at the show that day.:)

D

Deleted member 4366

They only bought yours because I wouldn't sell my Oxygen despite them pleading with me. One guy also offered his pretty wife, which was tempting, but I thought the running costs of my Oxygen would be a bit lower. When he started to cry, I felt sorry for him, so I told him that your bikes were nearly as good, so maybe if he could get a good discount from you, life wouldn't be so bad. I think he then went to you and bought one, so you owe me some commission.

Reactions: Cyclezee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Unfortunately I must have been the only dealer at Redbridge not queuing up to ride the Oxygen although it looked a fine bike. I just didn't have the time to ride any bikes:(

I did however find it reassuring that a number of people who rode our bikes commented that they were the best bikes they had ridden, this later resulted in the sale of all the eZee bikes at the show that day.:)
Maybe it was the eZee 20 amp controller that won them over after the 15 or 17 amp Oxygen controllers. May the force be with you! ;)

Reactions: Cyclezee
C

Cyclezee

They only bought yours because I wouldn't sell my Oxygen despite them pleading with me. One guy also offered his pretty wife, which was tempting, but I thought the running costs of my Oxygen would be a bit lower. When he started to cry, I felt sorry for him, so I told him that your bikes were nearly as good, so maybe if he could get a good discount from you, life wouldn't be so bad. I think he then went to you and bought one, so you owe me some commission.
How about my wife as commission, she has many good qualities, but low maintenance isn't one of them;)
BTW, the ladies were very taken with the Sprint 8 LDS and I could have sold several if we had had them.
I caught this one trying to steal it.​
cyclezee2.jpg
The buyer​
P1070562.JPG
This handsome guy knows a good bike when he sees one​
cyclezee.jpg

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Martinr......if you want to spend about £1k ....the Kudos Tornado or if you are tallish the Kudos Typhoon,both can be derestricted to give 19 mph out of the Tornado and 23 mph out of the Typhoon,I suspect that the Tornado is the top selling electric mountain bike in the UK.
They are both very strong hill climbers.
If you want to spend about £2k then any of the KTM Panasonic hub bikes,you have the KTM pedigree from the motorbikes,they are the best hill limbers around at this time,but restricted to 15 mph.
Don't be in a hurry,Eurobike show is on now,there will be old models for sale cheap and new exciting models out soon.
Kudos and KTM is sold through the London Electric Bike Company,Hampton Wick.
Keep your powder dry for a couple of weeks!!!!
KudosDave

Reactions: EddiePJ
C

Cyclezee

Hi Martin,

What ever bike you decide to buy, because of your location battery capacity is crucial. No matter how beautiful the location being stuck in a remote area with no power would not be fun.

sunny_jay_jay

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 21, 2014
Bristol BS1
If you are going to spend £2k then look at the Kalkhoffs. I tried the KTM range and loved it, then afterwards I got to go on some Kalkhoffs and there's no comparison. Get a Pro Connect, it's absolutely superb and went up my 1 in 4 hill almost with no effort. The KTM also went up the same hill but took much more effort. The Impulse 2 motor with 17Ah 612Wh crank drive machines - really powerful and absolutely silent. I have now tried almost every bike available in UK at this price point now and have just bought a Pro Connect after many hours of test rides around hilly Bristol.

martinr

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Loch Rannoch
Martinr......if you want to spend about £1k ....the Kudos Tornado or if you are tallish the Kudos Typhoon,both can be derestricted to give 19 mph out of the Tornado and 23 mph out of the Typhoon,I suspect that the Tornado is the top selling electric mountain bike in the UK.
They are both very strong hill climbers.
If you want to spend about £2k then any of the KTM Panasonic hub bikes,you have the KTM pedigree from the motorbikes,they are the best hill limbers around at this time,but restricted to 15 mph.
Don't be in a hurry,Eurobike show is on now,there will be old models for sale cheap and new exciting models out soon.
Kudos and KTM is sold through the London Electric Bike Company,Hampton Wick.
Keep your powder dry for a couple of weeks!!!!
KudosDave
Cheers, I am going to wait to see what's new and if there's some decent price drops, the Typhoon looks good also.

martinr

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Loch Rannoch
Hi Martin,

What ever bike you decide to buy, because of your location battery capacity is crucial. No matter how beautiful the location being stuck in a remote area with no power would not be fun.
I reckon I need something to cover 30 miles or so, most of the tracks are dead ends, I've been along all the tracks on the map, there's an old track that runs up to Ben Lawyers, the summit is 3,983ft, I've done it on foot, wishful thinking on a bike from my side anyway.