Electricbikeconversions

Meroe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,
Company called Electricbikeconversions (not electric_bike etc)
This company started about 1 year ago, based in Datchworth Herts. They sell a front wheel conversion kit for 375 pounds, with pedal assist, about 60pounds less than cyclotricity. I wonder if anyone has experience of buying one?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
I got my kit from them very helpful people to deal with 36v 250w rear
not completed the build yet.
electrckery whats hill climbing ability like

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I fitted a rear wheel hub motor to my wife's bike and it works fine. Very comprehensive instructions and very amenable to answering questions
on the phone should you need more advice

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
hi guys.. I like to pedal my e bike a lot . I find the hill climbing ability very adequate .. I am sure there are better bikes out there( for instance my brothers torque sensor giant twist ) for this but really very rarely have to use power 5 except on the hardest hills..for a budget kit I think this works very well . I cycle up one small hill in my area which is 21 .6 % (according to woosh predictor) ( http://wooshbikes.co.uk/clearway.php )and to do it easily I use power 5 and a bit of leg work in a mid gear. or lower power and lower gear if I'm feel like a workout. A lot easier than my old non electric which I used to climb same in very low gear. I cycled home this evening into strong wind uphill and used power 4 . was breathing a bit but not suffering. All in all very decent and I think it looks cooler than bros giant twist.. ;)
regards

Meroe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks all for suggestions.
I finally bought a cyclotricity front wheel kit, as good reviews and a dealer nearby.
Fitting went ok, though the instructions referred to an older pannier and controller, a bit of Googling sorted it.
I've been out a few times, fantastic.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Have to praise the fine response I got from Electricbikeconversions recently.
When a axle nut and locking tab washer disappeared from my wife's bike after a cross country run I found it difficult to locate a replacement.
She runs a ebc 250w conversion on her mountain bike and is very pleased with it.
Eventually I called the company and they put a full axle set of washers and nuts FOC in the post the same day. Well done !

Reactions: D8ve
D

Deleted member 4366

My friend just converted a bike with one of those kits. It was very straight-forward to install. The only thing was that there wasn't room in the triangle for their controller bag, so we got a bag from Halfords.

This is the 1000w one. It was about £550 with the battery.

The KT controller uses current control, so on levels one and two, it rides just like any other electric bike - smooth, quiet and controllable. On the higher levels, it's the same, but with a bit more torque. The pedal sensor is very responsive - minimal delay in starting or stopping the power, so we didn't bother with brake switches. We didn't fit the throttle, so that shouldn't be a problem. Like all KT controllers, the PAS is so good that you don't need one, and it stops a 16 year old, doing wheel spins for his mates and cruising round without pedalling.

I can imagine that with me on it climbing some of the hills we have round here, it might get a bit hot and bothered, but the owner is a whippet. For fast commuting, one of these kits would be perfect. It's a real shame that they're outlawed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D8ve