Electrify my cheap folding bike

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
Thought I would share a "hill" we encountered down in Florida. It's just a highway overpass, but it is 10 degrees. There were two of these bridges and this is the shorter one. My wife doesn't like to shift, so up she went in high gear and PAS 3. Caught the guy on the bike at the top. Her little folder can climb.

hill.jpg

Reactions: BG bicycle

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Blimey, that's a ramp and a half. Has it got a health warning at the bottom, looks like it would kill most of Florida's elderly residents before they reached the top! Hell of a ride coming down.

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
That looks a substantial motor in the back wheel, what is it?
I have a 20" folder as well but the motor could be better.
Generic Chinese motor sold as a 500w unit. Battery pack is 10s 13p. Different laws here in Bulgaria, the motor won’t engage until 3-4kmh, this keeps the traffic police at bay. Also limit the speed via the Sw900

Currently building a Vector Typoon. My goal a 4kw battery pack. :)

marras

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2018
I've finally installed a torque arm, I've bought a standard torque arm to sure I could have installed it right. But I didn't installed the c washer, because my dropout is flat. Btw I've a video that explain the problems and doubth I've. A picture worth more than 1000 word, expecially in these cases.

Hoping you guys can help me.