Eligible Electric Bike Manufacturers and Suppliers Should Have 8 Features

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Meanwhile, laws & traffic regulations also encourages safe speed and little bike, especially in Europe. China follows the trend and carries a new E bike law recently which only allow low speed and low voltage bikes with pedals. It's lucky to see the big bikes are dying out day after day.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Meanwhile, laws & traffic regulations also encourages safe speed and little bike, especially in Europe. China follows the trend and carries a new E bike law recently which only allow low speed and low voltage bikes with pedals. It's lucky to see the big bikes are dying out day after day.
China has adopted our law which has for many years restricted assist speed to 25 kph and kept voltages low.

But you can forget little bikes like that one, we've had them for years and they have only a tiny part of the market.. They're not what is wanted by most people who prefer full size pedelecs.

The reasons are simple. They are ergonomically better for the human body, they are much more efficient in consequence, they are much more comfortable and stable on varying road surfaces, they have more flexibility in design, they have a far wider range of capabilities for carrying and towing people and goods.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
China has adopted our law which has for many years restricted assist speed to 25 kph and kept voltages low.

But you can forget little bikes like that one, we've had them for years and they have only a tiny part of the market.. They're not what is wanted by most people who prefer full size pedelecs.

The reasons are simple. They are ergonomically better for the human body, they are much more efficient in consequence, they are much more comfortable and stable on varying road surfaces, they have more flexibility in design, they have a far wider range of capabilities for carrying and towing people and goods.
Therefore, people should ride on horse because most people ride on horse in 1900s and definitely prefer its gas free design.

You haven't tried it but say it's uncomfortable, is it convincing? The design with inflatable tires, low frame body, broad soft seat are even more comfortable to ride. And city commuting are mainly on flat road. At the same time, most people riding it are the middle class not carrying so many goods and cargos. So why should we over equip it with ridiculously huge wheels?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You haven't tried it but say it's uncomfortable, is it convincing?
turn off the electrics and ride your bike for a mile, you'll see how clumsy your bike is without the throttle.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
It's a pity to let you down but this bike runs smoothly by pedaling without the throttle. This is also the reason why most staff from DYU ride this bike for commuting themselves in Shenzhen, China, an extremely busy city.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
as I said, take away their battery. See how long they want to ride the e-bikes.
In Europe, we make the bikes first, then we see how we can flatten the hills next, not the other way round.

scotsguy00

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 2, 2019
"And city commuting are mainly on flat road"

You should come and cycle my commute. Pot holes galore. A smooth route would be great, but I know the council here are not prioritising fixing potholes. Only the really deep ones that result in compensation claim from drivers.

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Bigger wheels are more stable - I blame physics for that! Whilst I would love to have faster ebikes I have to admit that the 25kph cut out is sensible and the right speed for a cut out.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and EddiePJ

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
as I said, take away their battery. See how long they want to ride the e-bikes.
In Europe, we make the bikes first, then we see how we can flatten the hills next, not the other way round.
That's not the concept of those busy people in city commuting, the only thing they care is arriving the office comfortably, elegantly(not sweaty) and on time. What you care is the montains & hills, while what we or other busy people in city care is the efficient commuting. Lightweight portable folding tiny DYU is more than enough for that.
The point we concentrate on is different.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Lightweight portable folding tiny DYU is more than enough for that.
How would you compare your e-bike with this one, designed for cities:

or this one:

or this one:

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
"You should come and cycle my commute. Pot holes galore. A smooth route ... "
I was wondering why European road is even not better than Shenzhen from a developing country, we barely see potholes like following one.
newport_whitepit_lane_pot_hole-1515802556-4418.jpg
Your road?

This is the road in our city:

大图2.jpg

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
"How would you compare your e-bike with this one, designed for cities: ..." First impression: Expensive as £769, DYU D3 is only £300. Second, its design is not stylish.
1552642723945.png
We had a similar bike like yours but here is what our agents said: "It need guts to ride it on road, ugly."

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
DYU D3 is only £300.
you need to add to that price:

- import duty
- anti dumping duty
- anti subsidy duty (countervailing duty)
- VAT
- guarantee
- support
- delivery
- preparation
- dealers margin
- marketing cost (eg amazon, ebay, FB, google etc)

You need to see that distribution costs are cheap in Europe. From the USD FOB price to GBP retail price, it's mostly taxes, not profit margin.
If you look into the making of an FOB price, there is very little spent on product design and yet, that's the key factor in a sale. People buy the design first and pay for the components next.
I take a Chinese design and change the components to suit British customers.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
When you add them all up, the DYU D3 market price would be at most $500-$600. Still cheap but allow the wholesalers to make money. That's why DYU got resellers all over Europe