Eligible Electric Bike Manufacturers and Suppliers Should Have 8 Features

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
When you add them all up, the DYU D3 market price would be at most $500-$600. Still cheap but allow the wholesalers to make money. That's why DYU got resellers all over Europe
let me do the math for you:

bike + delivery: $490 (source: Aliexpress)
Anti-dumping duty: 73.4%, if you are on the list of cooperating companies: 24.2% + 9.2% countervailing duty.
For the benefit of doubt, I use the lower tariffs, 24.2% + 9.2%.
countervailing duty: $46
anti-dumping duty: $121
C79 form: $15
import duty (6%): $30

Total ex VAT: $687, for VAT purpose, $ rate is 1.25 in 1 GBP: Ex VAT value: £549.60
VAT: £109.92

Total delivered: £659.52

There is no arrangement for setting up, support and guarantee within the guarantee period and beyond.
That's before any dealer margin is added.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You haven't tried it but say it's uncomfortable, is it convincing?
Thats's amusing. I was riding bikes from 1946, in the trade fitting them with motors from 1950 on and have ridden every style and size of bicycle and pedelec there has been, both electric and petrol powered.

There is nothing new about your little pedelec, it's all been done before, often very much better as Woosh has illustrated.

However, send it here and watch it flop in the market while normal size pedelecs continue to go from strength to strength.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's not the concept of those busy people in city commuting, the only thing they care is arriving the office comfortably, elegantly(not sweaty) and on time. What you care is the montains & hills, while what we or other busy people in city care is the efficient commuting. Lightweight portable folding tiny DYU is more than enough for that.
The point we concentrate on is different.
That may be, but what we care about is where we ride, which even in commuting all too often contains hills which we ride up.

Your post reminds me of what Wai Won Ching once said to me:

"Chinese cyclists don't pedal up hills, they get off and walk up them".

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Thanks for all your precious opinions. I'm off office hour now and talk with you later. You'll finally find it useful rather than a toy. It's a blue ocean market. The giant orders from Europe never lie.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The giant orders from Europe never lie.
Europe's largest pedelec markets are Germany and The Netherlands, between them buying nearly one million pedelecs a year these days.

And almost all of them are full size, in fact I've never seen a Dutch or German person riding a small wheel pedelec. Both those races are famously tall anyway, making them even more unlikely to ride small pedelecs.

In fact the person I've most seen riding a smaller wheel pedelec is myself, since my most recent two pedelecs are one with 27" wheels and one with 20" wheels. So I'm still very familar with the limitations of the smaller wheel one.

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Love the 'supercar' - is that six fake exhaust pipes protruding from where the tail lights ought to be?

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
"There is nothing new about your little pedelec, it's all been done before, often very much better as Woosh has illustrated. . "
After careful comparison between DYU& Woosh, you'll find woosh Gallego is 100% same as DYU A1, while the stylish design and comprehensive function like GPS locating, auto locking speed monitoring and cruise mode setting etc of DYU D3, are something that the woosh can never have at the same price level.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
"Chinese cyclists don't pedal up hills, they get off and walk up them". Wai Won Ching
When he saw some 50 miles/h pedelec on road climbing hills toward him in China, he should have failed to dodge undoubtedly.
Pedelec does not need pedaling so hard when going uphill with the electric assist mode, that's common sense.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
"And almost all of them are full size, in fact I've never seen a Dutch or German person riding a small wheel pedelec. Both those races are famously tall anyway, making them even more unlikely to ride small pedelecs. "
Whatever you say, small always has its advantages like portable, stylish, folding, women, kids, old friendliness, subway, airplane and bus friendliness, home space saving, easier for riding and carrying etc. 1552880160005.png

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"There is nothing new about your little pedelec, it's all been done before, often very much better as Woosh has illustrated. . "
After careful comparison between DYU& Woosh, you'll find woosh Gallego is 100% same as DYU A1, while the stylish design and comprehensive function like GPS locating, auto locking speed monitoring and cruise mode setting etc of DYU D3, are something that the woosh can never have at the same price level.
all the bikes I gave as examples can be folded. This is a requirement to take them into London underground or Paris Metro etc. Furthermore, folded, they can be tucked under a desk.
They can also too be ridden without power, without ergonomic issue like bottom bracket height, crank length, front and rear brakes, gears (the top 2 have 3-speed hub gears), arm reach, saddle height, full size folding pedals etc for European physique.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Yeah, I agree. But after folding, it's still heavier and bigger than any model of DYU. DYU is the most lightweight pedelec with full smart functions, suitable for people who care portableness and beautiful appearance most including Europeans.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yeah, I agree. But after folding, it's still heavier and bigger than any model of DYU. DYU is the most lightweight pedelec with full smart functions, suitable for people who care portableness and beautiful appearance most including Europeans.
the Gallego weighs about the same as yours (18kgs), the new model in blue only 15kgs because it has a smaller battery (6AH) and the Go-cycle 16kgs. All have alluminium alloy frames.
I can't comment on beauty.
I was going to build an electric folding bike from a 9kg CF folding bike made in SHZ. If you want to look into that, I'll be all ears.

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Thanks for putting down the specifications here and it sounds we have similar weight. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your amazing 9kg CF folding bike in the future.
I think we need a vote on which one has a better look.
1552900836013.png
Gallego
1552900870589.png
DYU

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your amazing 9kg CF folding bike in the future.
small correction, the 9kg is the weight of the CF bike without motor but with hub gears. By the time you add battery and motor, it will be about 13kgs.
It's just about the weight that most people can carry.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When he saw some 50 miles/h pedelec on road climbing hills toward him in China, he should have failed to dodge undoubtedly.
They are not pedelecs as we understand them here. For many years what the Chinese have been riding are mostly what we call mopeds, many of them not even having pedals and often with around three times or more of our legal wattage rating.

Anyway, as I said before, send your pedelec here and see how well it does. I don't wish you ill and I would be pleased to be proved wrong, but I know the market here in Europe far better than you do.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They are not pedelecs as we understand them here. For many years what the Chinese have been riding are mostly what we call mopeds,
Agreed.
The OP's DYU has 14" fat tyre wheels which make the bike look like a moped.
Another issue is the direct drive motor, totally unsuitable for pedaling without power.

Reactions: flecc

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
Anyway, as I said before, send your pedelec here and see how well it does. I don't wish you ill and I would be pleased to be proved wrong, but I know the market here in Europe far better than you do.
Prediction is not reliable in personal opinion. Nokia thought they could grow bigger in the next 20 decades in 2000. What happened to them now. No one wants a smartphone before Apple smartphone shows up, like no one wants a smart bike before DYU smart bike shows up

Last edited:

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
The OP's DYU has 14" fat tyre wheels which make the bike look like a moped.

Another issue is the direct drive motor, totally unsuitable for pedaling without power.
It looks like a moped but it's not with full pedelec features.
And no one disallows pedelec mainly powered by electricity. There's a huge group fond of this design still.