Eligible Electric Bike Manufacturers and Suppliers Should Have 8 Features

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
After careful comparison between DYU& Woosh, you'll find woosh Gallego is 100% same as DYU A1, while the stylish design and comprehensive function like GPS locating, auto locking speed monitoring and cruise mode setting etc of DYU D3, are something that the woosh can never have at the same price level.
These 'smart' functions are available on controllers fitted with 6-axis gyro chip. I posted about them last year but consider them not quite matured.
The Gallego has Bafang geared hub motor which has clutch and is much better at climbing hills, larger16" wheels, 3-speed Shimano hub gear and it folds properly.
Your advertising is exaggerated - you claim folding design when it should be semi-folding, only the stem folds. I hate to see people pedaling your bike - the gear inches on your bike is what? 50-60 gear inches? how do you want to call it an EAPC?
Watch this guy as he tries to pedal:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I agree, my knees were hurting just looking at it.
Maybe it has a place if you live in a tenth floor flat and need to only get two miles to work. Beyond that, the seating position makes it muscle ache waiting to happen.
But hang on, it's got a throttle which, in the video is the main means of getting the drive on. Isn't that illegal throughout Europe and with an uncertain position in Britain?
Can't see it having much of a market beyond being a hire bike to prat about along the sea front promenade etc.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Horrible.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It seems Jessejin simply won't take notice of soundly based local knowledge, preferring his biased opinion to proper market research in Europe.

So it's probably best to just let him learn his mistake the hard way.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The rider for the bike was far too tall to extend his legs to assert proportional leg power.
For Europes market it will be perceived as a gimmick/toy, one for the children which is illegal.
This is not a serious contender to upset or make head way in to exsisting market sales as an every day use bike, as a fun bike it might have some merits but no more then that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's no point in hating this bike. It does have a lot of nice features that many people, including me, would find appealing. I didn't see anything unique or anything that I've not see before on another bike.

I think there is a market for this sort of thing for park-and-ride, motorhomes, caravans, boats and people that live in flats, but they're not the sort of thing that everybody want to replace their normal ebike with.

There are only two things I don’t like about it that could be improved. Firstly, as far as I can see, the seat height is not adjustable and it's too low for an average European. Secondly, the on/off switch doesn't look very waterproof. It's probably OK for summer weather with occasional showers, but I can't see that it will resist wet salty winter roads in the UK.

Reactions: Jaundice

jessejin

Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2019
www.fwheel.cc
You all are the big wheel sellers, no wonder you talk like that. I'm off office hour and talk to you tomorrow and prove more merits of my little one.
Here are the summaries of the essay I'd like to write later: First, it does not rely on pedaling much. Second...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You are all the big wheel sellers, no wonder you talk like that.
Of those replying to you, only Woosh is a pedelec seller, and he sells both small and big wheel machines.

The rest of us are just private owners who ride them. I left the trade a very long time ago.

Here are the summaries of the essay I'd like to write later: First, it does not rely on pedaling much. Second...
This is why you need to learn our market! We like to pedal, much of our UK commuting is done at over 30 kph by pedalling and riding slowly without pedalling is very boring.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't see anything unique or anything that I've not see before on another bike.
Agreed, it's all been done before and each time has failed to take the European market by storm. Most attempts with these smart features have vanished.

Firstly, as far as I can see, the seat height is not adjustable and it's too low for an average European.
I think it goes much further than that, the entire geometry is far too small for Europeans. That's especially true for pedelecs since the main markets are where the tallest people are, The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Denmark. The rest of Europeans have grown considerably taller and larger too in the last half century, as the growth in the sizes of cars shows so well.

No-one would try to market cars the sizes of the original Mini, Fiat 500, Renault 760, Austin A30 or Simca Mille now, but this DYU is an attempt like that.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Jesse Jin:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
That's it then...stuff the bike, let's have more pictures of Jesse!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The triangle frame battery (probably with controller inside) has been done before, as can be seen in my Avatar of the Swizzbee.
As vfr (TUFKAD) has said there is a market for it but think in the EU it is limited, the small package is good for the motor home fraternity for occasional use. The throttle main option will cater for those wanting a lazy ride but due to its poor geometry not suitable for the taller rider who likes to pedal.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's difficult to see where it would sit. On the portable side, you have those Xiaomi Lime scooters as seen in Paris, they are lightweight and small enough to be taken into Paris metro but if you see how the youths ride them in Paris, it's just accidents waiting to happen. The DYU beats the e-scooters with its 36V 10AH battery. On the lightweight e-bikes, it is heavier at 18kgs and does not ride as well as my new 14kg Karoo and the likes of the Orbea Gain.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/2019/karoo/karoo2.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
due to its poor geometry not suitable for the taller rider who likes to pedal.
It wasn't designed with pedals and transmission, they are an afterthought. Looking at the original link from the OP reveals photos of the original, showing that it only had footpegs as shown in the two photos below so it is a moped and not a pedelec.

So it's hardly surprising that the design is so poor for pedalling:

Jaundice

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2018
Some of our roads are indeed terrible in the UK. My commute is horrific and a bike with small wheels would be unpleasant to ride.

However, there are plenty of smooth roads and there is certainly a market for a small wheeled folding bike. Our local bike shop owner actually set up a new shop in the city specifically for 'Brompton' style bikes and he is doing very well.

Ignore the nay sayers on here. They don't like anything that doesn't fit their narrow world view.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not a folding bike is it, just because the bars/stem collapse down.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ignore the nay sayers on here. They don't like anything that doesn't fit their narrow world view.
Since you know nothing of us it seems such an opinion is very narrow minded.

Of my two most recent pedelecs, the one I've used the most by far is the small wheel folding one, using it for pleasure riding, towing, shopping, goods carrying etc, so no narrow world view here.

And that's the difference, it's a really practical small pedelec that's a pleasure to use in so many ways. This DYU mini-moped doesn't get close.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
However, there are plenty of smooth roads and there is certainly a market for a small wheeled folding bike. Our local bike shop owner actually set up a new shop in the city specifically for 'Brompton' style bikes and he is doing very well.
the Brompton has 16" wheels, hub gears, a steel frame and fork that gives a little flex to cushion the roads and also a small rubber spring. My Gallego also has 16" wheels, hubgears and neoprene spring to cushion the roads.
In practice, 16" wheels seem to be the minimum wheel size for bikes.
The DYU has 14" wheels and nothing to cushion the roads.