eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Has the bike always had those wider wheels or they only for the fat tyres?
Cos I was wondering how they fitted into the frame otherwise.
It is a fatbike specific designed for 4-5" with wider bottom bracket, wider fork and so.

Sent from my eBike through Tapatalk

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Not been able to get out since last week.
My hand is finally healing slowly, less numbness and tingling and my knee has at long last got no more scabs. My female knobbly knees will never look pretty again :eek::(;)rsz_p1020557.jpg rsz_p1020557.jpg rsz_p1020558.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
:D That's part of one of my tattoo's. I have 2 tattoo's both are of flying horses, one on each thigh.

Reactions: Doomanic

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Today wasn't the brightest of days to be out for a ride. With the snow almost melted away, the conditions weren't exactly pleasant either, so I cut the ride short taking to the road instead.

I think that this coming week might be the time to forget riding, and pay the bike a bit of much required care and attention.

Reactions: georgehenry

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I know that sign! :D

Mrs Gaz and I were up at Piglets just the other day - went up there to see the commemorative stone. It was muddy, murky and misty. Almost eerily quiet. Drove through the ford too, which was quite deep.

Gaz

Reactions: EddiePJ

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Went out for a ride this morning, as I have too busy at work this week, did 35KM round from home to Paphos Airport a mixture of cycle paths and trails, no snow here in fact a bit of a heat wave about 18 - 20C all week.

There are a lot of road and MTB riders over here for winter training.

Pictures taken at end of runway.20180304_104610.jpg

20180304_104559.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Change of plan. After seeing a resemblance to a horse in yesterday Strava recorded ride, I couldn't resist going back out again, for a bit of 'Horsing Around'
My legs are ripped to shreds, as the area were the teeth are, was just fallen trees and brambles. It was real bastid to get through!

• :D
Reactions: oyster

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Uckfield I have vague, but fond memories of Uckfield. Cider being one of them.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I swear that it wasn't me! :D

Actually, Uckfield was a no go area. :oops:

I know that sign! :D

Mrs Gaz and I were up at Piglets just the other day - went up there to see the commemorative stone. It was muddy, murky and misty. Almost eerily quiet. Drove through the ford too, which was quite deep.

Gaz
I visit those areas quite frequently, although of course not on the eMTB. Like every other mountain bike rider from this area, I wouldn't be seen riding there.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I'm already trying to work out a way of doing a complete horse from it, but to do so, would mean going through two gardens and the army camp. Then when you get to the other side, you end up in a no mans land of boggy terrain that is impossible to cross. The two gardens and army camp, would be the easy part. :D

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Mrs Gaz comes from Uckfield, and my son lives there now. Possibly Merrydown cider from just down the road in Horam? Merrydown's no longer there - it's now a housing estate :(

Gaz

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
What a commute home today! Took some awesome trails that lies in the opposite direction to home, but I managed to plan some that goes from there and home also, it was fantastic today! Found some really flowy trails and it was totally awesome!

20180305_152707.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Mrs Gaz comes from Uckfield, and my son lives there now. Possibly Merrydown cider from just down the road in Horam? Merrydown's no longer there - it's now a housing estate :(

Gaz

Gaz, depending upon when Mrs Gaz lived in Uckfield, she might well appreciate this book. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximum-Diner-Christopher-Nye/dp/0954221737

I grew up in Crowborough, but had the misfortune to come across a couple of the colourful characters from within the book above. It really is an enjoyable read.

I recall as teenagers, the days of being chased out of Uckfield, with bricks being hurled at our vehicles, and windows being smashed. Uckfield wasn't a place that we visited very often. :D

Reactions: Gaz

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I'm already trying to work out a way of doing a complete horse from it, but to do so, would mean going through two gardens and the army camp. Then when you get to the other side, you end up in a no mans land of boggy terrain that is impossible to cross. The two gardens and army camp, would be the easy part. :D
Nice idea - and best of luck with it.

Triggered a thought about taking the cheat's approach. Broad Haven beach at low tide is a lovely area that could be used as a real blank canvas.

I actually quite often see a horse being ridden there. Which triggered the next idea of doing a horse image from horseback... (I couldn't even get on a horse, nor control one.)

Related Articles

Advertisers