eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Finally weather and ground conditions that are worth riding in. Long may it continue. :)
Even with a gun to my head I might not ride through that mud. I really don't like cleaning my bike and so I try and keep clear of mud as much as possible.

How long does it take you to clean your bike after you have done a ride in these kinds of conditions?

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Great videos argoose, I was scared just watching them, you need excellent skills and confidence to do that type of riding.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
How long does it take you to clean your bike after you have done a ride in these kinds of conditions?
Hi Nev, it is surprisingly little time. I guess 5 minutes at the most.

Because everything is so wet, nothing actually really sticks to the bike for very long. It is also helped, because periodically I will clay bar the whole bike including wheel rims, and then use a wax. It makes interim cleaning effortlessly easy.

It is when conditions are semi dry such as in this shot below, that things take far longer.

Bosch 2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have to confess that now a days I park my mtb after a ride and that is as clean as it may well get as next time out it will get as mucky again :eek:.

Reactions: EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Eddie, oversize tyres at low pressure and loads of mud, whats not to like!

That little water course looks loads of fun.

As I have said I do cry off my road to work if it is forecast to cane it down but made an exception on Friday as I have not been riding much following my minor operation and am taking my daughter skiing soon and need to get some strength and fitness back in my legs. Rained the whole 14 miles there but was still a hoot.

I am not as fastidious about the cleanliness of my bike as you but agree that if you hose it down when covered in wet mud it all comes off very easily and then a quick wipe down and an oil of the chain is all mine gets before being ready for the next ride and only takes a few minutes.

Looked like argoose had the best weather in Wales.

My battery is on charge for my ride to work tomorrow with the weather looking like it should be OK.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Hopton Woods was really mucky today, big puddles, lots of mud quite sketchy at times, not time for photo's though, sorry guys
New stuff I see.....

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Well after my required post operative interview with my occupational health department they have decided that I should be brought back to work gently for the first two weeks on restrictive hours.

This has allowed me to set off to work on my Haibike sDuro at a civilized 08:15 from home and ride a splendid 14 mile off road route to work to be ready not to work for a 10:00AM start time and then chat to the lads and lasses in the mess room and drink tea while my battery charges before heading home no later so far than 14:30 in the afternoon for my 10 mile road ride home.

I started this regime last Thursday and Friday, had the weekend off and have four days of the same this week before coming back to my proper Job role just before New Year which will inevitably be a bit of a shock after my gentle re-introduction. As George Harrison said "All things must pass".
Post Op December 1oth 18 002.JPG
I have ridden 92 miles in those first four return rides to work so far with two more to go that should be a total of 140 miles after my ride home on Thursday and should get my legs into better shape for my skiing holiday.

My three and three quarter year old battery seems to be none the worse for its lay off using 30% of its 400Wh capacity for the 14 mile cross country journey to work and 38% for the 10 mile road ride home. Total mileage now standing at 10,318.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I decided that with my usual Xmas day morning in mind, that I wanted to stay mud free for once, and fitted the rear Scud Launcher, and front E guard. That's the end of what little street cred that I had gone! :D

Also with some reluctance, I fitted a new pair of boots to the bike at the same time.

z1a.jpg

z2a.jpg

Last edited:

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Haven't been out three weeks due to injuring myself falling off my veranda, also we had loads of rain (Very Welcome).
Decided to go on my favorite ride near to Paphos Airport about 30 KM round trip, much of it off road as wanted to try out the Nobby Nics off road in some mud, they were excellent, had to go through two rivers as we had had rain in the last couple of days no problems, also washed some of the mud off, below a couple of pictures from my resting place.

20181223_091333.jpg20181223_091404.jpg20181223_092008.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Haven't been round much, but haven't been out much.
Just like to say Happy Christmas to one and all.

Reactions: tommie

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I got back yesterday from a skiing trip in Italy with my daughter, so no ebike riding for me. I taught my daughter to ski and she now has the temerity to be better than me. Does that make me an excellent teacher? With the Gatwick drone melarkey we were very relieved to land back in the UK only two hours late yesterday. Being the very beginning of the ski season we went to a high resort and our favorite run there dropped from 3883 meters to 1524 meters.Great run. I do like a shot of snowy mountains if I can manage it. Now its Christmas.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0035.JPG
every mud guard just looks shite!:rolleyes:

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
I really miss my KTM 1964. It was an utterly superb and fun bike to ride, but sadly just a tad too small for me. I certainly put some good miles in on it though.

I changed it for a Giant XCT Advance Plus 1 almost a year ago, and whilst I really love the bike, it is enough to persuade me that I will never buy/own a carbon fibre framed eMTB. Carbon fibre just doesn't float my boat so to speak, but I'm definitely a fan of plus size bikes.

Sorry for the non eMTB talk but here is the Giant. The only mods that I made is the fitting an XT shifter in place of the original equipment SLX shifter, and changing the KMC chain to a Shimano Ultegra one, as I couldn't get the original equipment KMC chain to run smoothly and quietly with the narrow wide chain wheel.

View attachment 27953
that is a very nice bike Eddie
i have also got a plus sized hardtail (non electric)
it is amazing what these bikes can do , even compared to my old full susser 26 inch wheeled.
the haibike got me back into mtb and i still use it but the plus bike is also loads of fun.
cleaning the non e bike is also easier and not as worrying :eek:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Well been out many times but here's a new bit of girlie bling for the new year.
Still gotta put the valves on but that's tomorrows job after the first ride of the New Year.
Croatia looks stunning btw CDM
Soundwave, they keep your butt dry even if they look gopping !!!
Happy New Year fellow e-MTB er's
IMG_20181231_131756.jpgIMG_20181231_131730.jpgIMG_20181231_100905.jpgIMG_20181231_130634.jpg

Reactions: Deere John and Nev

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Pretty in Pink

Saw this lot at the mighty Glastonbury in a previous incarnation or seems like it now probably very relaxed sucking on the end of one of soundwaves euphemistically termed torpedo's!

Reactions: Dom T

Related Articles

Advertisers