eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Annoying find of the day. I misjudged a landing last Sunday at Bedgebury, and ended up clouting the side of the wheel on small stump. I hadn't realised until today, that it has caused some damage to the front wheel. Annoying, but easily repairable.
ding.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Unable to get out and about this week, nasty cold, earache, sinusitis. Was biking to work, but given up that ghost as it's too windy and raining. Trying to get well as our jaunt to the lakes on Sunday.

Reactions: EddiePJ

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I rode to work on Tuesday and although it was fun I felt like a quick change artist in a panto,first no waterproofs and sunshine, then within a mile into waterproofs, then out of waterproofs, then into waterproofs by which time it had stopped raining but I stayed in them for a few sunny miles, then finally out of waterproofs.

Could not be a--ed with that on the way home and just donned the waterproof gear and fortunately it justified my decision by raining hard on mile 8 of my 10 getting home.

April showers.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Washed the bike today and inspecting the rear wheel found some damage that is not so easy to fix and will require either a new rim laced in or a ready built replacement wheel. This wheel has managed over 10,000 miles. This was the second rear wheel after I destroyed the first one after a tree branch got jammed in it.
Marvic Wheel Problem 002.JPG
Marvic Wheel Problem 001.JPG
Marvic Wheel Problem 003.JPG
Marvic Wheel Problem 004.JPG
First Mavic rimmed wheel I have managed to destroy.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Washed the bike today and inspecting the rear wheel found some damage that is not so easy to fix and will require either a new rim laced in or a ready built replacement wheel. This wheel has managed over 10,000 miles. This was the second rear wheel after I destroyed the first one after a tree branch got jammed in it.
View attachment 29770
View attachment 29771
View attachment 29772
View attachment 29773
First Mavic rimmed wheel I have managed to destroy.
Same thing happened to my Mavic rims, so I will not buy Mavic ever again

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I've had a quiet week, weather has been gash here in the Highlands. I went out today with a lovely friend of mine- she's a vet (not Nam) from Germany and after the first hill I swapped bikes, I knew I had to... She smokes like a champ lets get this out the way. I ended up on my On-One 26" inbred with 30/36 low gear and we did 12km off road but I coped no bother- she did too, stopping for a fag break while I hated my life busting my lungs....even my strava was f$£%ed today...but my onboard Intuvia said same time/distance as my usual dog walk.... So- I REALLY hate non E MOUNTAIN BIKING...it's just truly sh%t, no need for it ever..... When a non biking unfit chain smoking person is bored waiting for you to crawl up a hill, swearing with dried foamy spit on your nose and teeth, it's time for a battery.....life's too short. really....

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Today I tried my new battery, took a long ride, almost 70km. That took about 1 bar on the meter. Fantastic! It is a 30Ah pack, this time a pack without extra space for controller. Only space there is cells. 100 of them! Will hopefully also last a little longer due to the extra amperability it have.

IMG_20190408_161721.jpg

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Deere John,

assuming that you have a five bar meter and they all decline in a linear fashion you now have a range of 350km or 217.48 miles and if you can maintain an 18 mph average it will only take 12 hours to deplete your battery.

I hope you have a comfortable saddle!

Reactions: Nev

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Hi Deere John,

assuming that you have a five bar meter and they all decline in a linear fashion you now have a range of 350km or 217.48 miles and if you can maintain an 18 mph average it will only take 12 hours to deplete your battery.

I hope you have a comfortable saddle!
yes, saddle is great! This summer I rode 2100 km on a touring with it :) problem is time though, I have to take a day off and try this :)

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Well a 30 miler on the haibikes today just up gravel paths and along side a canal, but sarnies and flask of coffee, taking out time and enjoying the day (only because we are at work tomorrow for night shifts).
IMG_20190417_124201 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190417_124143 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190417_124114 - Edited.jpgIMG_20190417_124109 - Edited.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Booked a couple of days to visit my mother and brother down south in June. Going to take the haibikes and do a bit of the South Downs Way, Chichester to Washington (mother lives not far from Findon). Now who's way will I be heading for then !!! ;)
Then should get down to Afan during that week off too, so somebody else's end as well ;):):)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Dom T as a shift worker on a four day week you never know, I could be available. If you let me know in advance the day you are planning it I could see if I am available and would enjoy a leisure ride and a change of scene. I am about a hours drive from Chichester.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Great ride today. Had to patk at my secret spot in Bamford ,loads of bikers, walkers, dogs and kids every where. Really warm and very very dry.
Bamford to Pack Horse bridge via Lockerbrook Farm and a few other detours. 24 miles. Averaged 21km/h. In high all time had 20% left in battery.
IMG_20190418_153309.jpg

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers