Help! Error 25 Yose rear wheel kit.

Alimarsh45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2022
I have swapped over my existing kit to another bike and I am getting error 25 on the display. No drive power.I looked it up and it says front brake magnet allignment blabla. It said disconnect one and swap them over so you know which brake lever is the problem. Iv'e tried this and it says error no matter what i do.
Has anyone got any solution to this problem? I'm not convinced it is the brake levers at all. Also everything was fine prior to changing over.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Have you disconnected both of them? They are an absolute pain in the arse.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I left mine disconnected. Mine work ok on tarmac but as soon as I go off road they keep making the motor cut in and out every time I hit even the slightest of bumps.

I think the reed switches keep contacting every time I hit a bump.

Alimarsh45

Jul 4, 2022
I have been a few miles with the brake cables totally unplugged without issues. I don't think it's the end of the world to have cut out motor when applying brakes. I mean, I rarely pedal when I want to brake/slow down.
the only time I unplugged the brake cables was to transfer to another bike. It seems they cant cope with more than a one time fit.
Thanks for your comments. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this?

Alimarsh45

Jul 4, 2022
I left mine disconnected. Mine work ok on tarmac but as soon as I go off road they keep making the motor cut in and out every time I hit even the slightest of bumps.

I think the reed switches keep contacting every time I hit a bump.
I did contact Jose Power in Gemany . After a bit of back and forth emails , the upshot it could be the controller. ( silver box) .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It depends on the controller , if the motor over runs then one coul dend up blowing a mosfet by using brakes with no cut out to prevent over run.
One reason why Kt's are so good there is nil detectable over run .

Reactions: Woosh

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Plenty of people have trouble with hydraulic brake sensors using magnets and reed switches.

You can now buy cheap and cheerful hydraulic levers with built in sensors, but I don’t want to replace my Clarke levers with these things.

Tektros are available but very expensive.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I found fitting both BBS cut offs a pain , so ended up only with one . It was much easier to sort out if the magnet or sensor had issues.