Error 30 help

erian

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 15, 2017
Denmark
Long story short. I have got a hailong battery cradle controller from eggbikes.co.uk. to replace the old similar controller that was giving me an error 30 message. the bike on the stand worked fine, PAS reacted and started the motor, throttle worked also

. As soon as i got on the bike the PAS refused to work unless i restarted the LCD. the throttle worked for a while until i did 7/8km. then the error 30 came back. The screen now does not show battery voltage correctly, does not show speed and after a while it gives an error 30. also the throttle does not react anymore and the PAS is not giving signal to the controller *no red light.

my motor is a rear wheel 500w bafang. Battery 36V panasonic cells, controller in URL screen is Key Disp 21C....

any help would be hugely appreciated. at this point i have to understand if the controller is damaged or the screen or what is going on....

erian

Dec 15, 2017
Denmark
so i opened the controller to see any damage. both the new and the old controller looked like this 34430

erian

Dec 15, 2017
Denmark
that must be the 5V resistor thats blown on the right. Any idea what might have caused that problem? will soldering a new resistance solve the problem?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The problem could be down to a faulty batch, you could try and replace the resistor if you can find its resistance rating. First step is to contact Egg bikes first with pics of both damaged controllers.

erian

Dec 15, 2017
Denmark
They said that some of the components consumed more power. This was not a kit but I paired the controller with bits I had (throttle PAS etc) so they said it's something of the components doing this damage probably the throttle or the screen. Could this be the case? Faulty batch is unlikely. The 2 controllers were bought 1,5 years separately from each other...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All ancillary parts like PAS, throttle, lcd etc use up to 5v so they shouldn't cause an issue.
If able to then try changing the resistor, the bands on the resistor identify the type required.

Reactions: erian