Help! Error codes Bafang DPC18

Jam-jam

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys.

Im shattered. I got a conversion kit of aliexpress. Good seller 98% good reviews. And battery from wing bikes.
But it doesn't work. After hooking everything up motor doesn't start, when pedalling. Throttle doesn't work, it seems like it's going to start and wheel moves half inch and stops.
Display shows Error code 9 fault with motor phase wire.
And also error 13 fault with temperature sensor inside battery.
Also display doesn't read any battery stats.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

Jam-jam

Oct 13, 2019
Hub drive. Bafang 48v 500w.
Upon further inspection I discovered the root cause (I think I did). I pulled away springy coil that sits on cable comming out of hub, and discovered some broken cables.
See pics below.

Now that explains error 9, motor phase wire.

Does it have anything to do with other error? Error 13 temp sensor inside battery faulty? Or is it all because those wires?

And most importantly, is it fixable.

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can fix it for you if you can bring your motor in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cable damage is too near the entry for a successful repair in my view, the cable will need replacing completely so means opening the hub. Temp sensor maybe related if the damage has caused over current from the battery.
Send pics to the vendor and open a dispute with the card company, if you used Aliexpress they are quite good. Sending back is not an option due to cost but some compensation may be possible to cover the cost of having Woosh repair it.

Jam-jam

Oct 13, 2019
All sorted, big Thank You to guys at Woosh Bikes. Cable was replaced, got my first build together finished just an hour ago.
Test drive checked, no errors all good :)

Reactions: Nealh