Help! ERROR E22 AND E21

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
I would point out you've had 2 bikes with this system and there's no way you want another. There have been folks on here that have had every electric compontent changed on their bike and it still dosn't work as it should. If you are using your bike to comute every day, you need reliability, which the Vulcan/Crossfire cannot provide. As SW said, not fit for purpose.
ok even if its almost out warranty you think they may have give me another bike?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
new bike has 2 year warranty so they got no option as it is not fit for purpose and they know it , go check out the klankoff thread lol ;)

endless repairs is not a option trading standards rules

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ok even if its almost out warranty you think they may have give me another bike?
you dont want another one lol full refund or different bike

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
you dont want another one lol full refund or different bike
another problem i have is when i got the bike it was cheaper at 850 pounds, so if they give me a refund they will only give me 850 pounds and i wont be able buy anything good with that

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
another problem i have is when i got the bike it was cheaper at 850 pounds, so if they give me a refund they will only give me 850 pounds and i wont be able buy anything good with that
buy cheap buy twice ;)

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
im a little scared though they already gave me one new bike
They didn't GIVE you anything, it was a replacement. I'm sure they will prefer to replace your bike before they refund you your money, so use that to your advantage. Just insist it's not a Vulcan/Crossfire.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
They didn't GIVE you anything, it was a replacement. I'm sure they will prefer to replace your bike before they refund you your money, so use that to your advantage. Just insist it's not a Vulcan/Crossfire.
ill only get that choice if they cant fix it wont I? or should I insist straight away I want a replacement?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh the bike is junk if it was me id get a refund and save and get a much better bike that will last but it is up to you.

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
tbh the bike is junk if it was me id get a refund and save and get a much better bike that will last but it is up to you.
today I was feeling like I couldnt do anything but thanks to you guys at least I have hope I can get a refund of some sorts

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
Though it sounds like the error codes are the least of your troubles...
I had an E21 code a couple of weeks ago. I took it into my local Halfords (who I've always found good) and they cleaned the sensor and the problem appears to be solved (for now). No cost.
This is the first time this has happened to me in 3 years. I do use the bike less when the weather is poor.

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
Though it sounds like the error codes are the least of your troubles...
I had an E21 code a couple of weeks ago. I took it into my local Halfords (who I've always found good) and they cleaned the sensor and the problem appears to be solved (for now). No cost.
This is the first time this has happened to me in 3 years. I do use the bike less when the weather is poor.
I have wiped the sensor and the disc the torque sensor im guessing im sure used to turn when I was peddling. It just seems all wrong plus when I turn the screen on the bike lurches forward when its going along its going faster than it used to before it cuts out

marcuspassey

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2019
also guys I forgot to add for around the last 6 months I have been getting a rubbing/loud vibration sound coming from the back wheel motor anyone had that?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The sensors get dirty and need cleaning from time to time if you use them in dirty or wet conditions. They're easy to take apart. You have to clean out the little slots that yu can see when you get it apart. Did you clean your on the outside or inside? The other frequent problem is that the wire gets damaged when the chain comes off. That can be fixed if the wire is cut but if the wires get pulled out, you'll need a new one from Halfords.

Last edited: