Expensive mistake

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Your welcome to try it anytime,my inside leg size is about one inch more,and I'm not very comfortable on it. Its your decision, the bike is perfect, as you would expect,but it may suit you I really can't say,I have just put the original sprung seat post back on ,but will include the new solid one which lowers the seat more with the bike. I'm going back into work at 3pm and won't be home till 6.30 tonight. Normally I'm home every weekday between 9am and 3pm, and then home at 6.30 pm. Weekends are free.
Hello Denwyn,
I have sent you a PM with my phone number.
If it's OK with you I would like to call in this evening after 6-30pm if it is convenient for you.
Can you PM back with address details or phone my home number?
Thanks,
Barry.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I suggested fitting a throttle earlier in the thread, I had no idea it already had one, now why didn't anyone suggest he set off with the throttle earlier?
Not sure what your looking at...it doesn't have a throttle

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
denwyn, have you tried the throttle start ? The throttle should take away any unsteadiness and you can at least test it using the bike you have. The operation will be similar on any bike with a throttle.

I'm still a bit unsure to be honest - is it that when you come to a stop you feel that you can't get enough of your foot down when stationary to keep the bike from toppling or destabilizing when sat on it stopped ? I appreciate that leaning a heavy bike over to one side slightly is different to leaning a lightweight one, and also that it's completely impractical to expect to be jumping on and off saddles every time you come to a stop in traffic. You hardly ever see this happening in practice. So there's bound to be a compromise somewhere. If a smooth wobble-free start could be sorted out with the throttle do you feel the bike is too heavy or is it all down to the seatpost height and wanting one foot flat on the floor (or both) when stopped ?

It just sounds rather unusual and in all honesty hard to understand - both feet flat on the floor and seated when stopped is something I only see with kids on BMXs - and they are usually stood on the pedals when riding. What is your ultimate aim to get a bike that you'd feel safe on ?
If you read the bike specs you will see it doesn't have a throttle, I don't expect two feet flat on the floor,leaning the bike slightly and being able to put one foot down is OK, problem is I can only just about touch doing this,starting of again is a bit wobbly,till the motor kicks in and while this is OK for some it doesn't suit me..Which is why I want to sell it ASAP :)

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I appreciate all the help and advice I have received re this bike. I have taken it all in, at present I am not doing anything until I sell this bike. If I decide ever to try my luck again with e bikes I will have plenty of stuff to go on....Thanks

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
..Which is why I want to sell it ASAP :)
Thanks for your PM denwyn.
I am still very interested in viewing, test riding and buying your Kudos City bike, providing it fits me ok.
My next day off is at the weekend.
I will try and call you to arrange a visit.
Regards,
Barry.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I am still very interested in viewing, test riding and buying your Kudos City bike, providing it fits me ok.

Regards,
Barry.
PM for you.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
When will the second series come out on this saga or is it the third series :confused:

Last edited:

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
When will the second series come out on this saga or is it the third series :confused:
No its defiantly the final saga, when its gone I'm leaving e bikes alone for a long while,and if and when I ever decide to try them out again I will only buy local after much test riding. This has been a painful and expensive saga ; )

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for an interesting thread Denwyn.

Looking forward to your next saga, let's hope it's a happy one :D

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for an interesting thread Denwyn.

Looking forward to your next saga, let's hope it's a happy one :D
No more Saga's.....The bikes still here but no longer for sale. Other half wants me to try it for two months,the make my mind up..Grrrrr. Good job she doesn't look on here, i may give it another go although I'm not keen. Yes I know she speaks sense sometimes ! , i don't ever think I'll get to like it,but just to keep the peace I may have to show a bit of enthusiasm. What's annoying is if I sold it for £ 400, the loss would be mine not hers,as I paid for it, she can't see that at all...WOMEN ????

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Good grief ..... to help denwyn show willing can anybody say if a throttle could be fitted to this bike ? It's the obvious thing to do.

D

Deleted member 4366

Regards,
Barry.
Bad luck Baz, he's keeping it now. I posted on your Bearprint review thread, but it's been held up by Admin. What's happened to your Bearprint? Has it finally expired. Do you need anything to sort it out? How many miles has it done?

Sorry to hijack this thread. I think (hope for Denwyn's sake) it's finished now anyway.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Bad luck Baz, he's keeping it now. I posted on your Bearprint review thread, but it's been held up by Admin. What's happened to your Bearprint? Has it finally expired. Do you need anything to sort it out? How many miles has it done?

Sorry to hijack this thread. I think (hope for Denwyn's sake) it's finished now anyway.
I sent him a pm and phoned him first thing this morning to tell him the news,so no need for you to do anything. Thread finished now, bike going to Halfords who will check it all out for me.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Hello d8veh,
At the moment it's going well, next month on the 20th is the 3rd anniversary of my ownership.
I will post a summary of my experiences with it around then.
Currently I am still commuting 130 miles a week to work on it and have brought up 15,600 miles this week.
The battery has never been better since I fitted the new key barrel you so kindly posted to me.
Each day after another 26 mile round trip it shows all 4 lights in the handle bar metre.

denwyn's Kudos City would have made a very interesting comparison to my old Bearprint.
Front hub motor instead of back, battery on rack with a shorter wheelbase, controller at a higher position and out of the way of the front wheel spray, rear hub gears with enclosed chain. It looks like a very good bike with replacement battery costs very reasonable.
I hope denwyn can sort things out to his liking, if not I would still be very interested to buy it! :)

Best wishes,
Barry.

D

Deleted member 4366

Well that Bearprint certainly wasn't an expensive mistake. You could probably sell it for about £300 as long as it keeps going, so that works out at about 5p per mile.