Ezee LIV "Limited Edition"

Bandruidh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2009
I have just bought on Ebay a brand new LIV which to my surprise is on the Sprint frame which is ideal as I wondered if I could manage the usual LIV crossbar.
The Motor has brushes unlike the Sprint but has hub brakes on the rear and altogether is a far better machine than the bogstandard LIV which I believe is about to be revamped and doubtless at a greater price.
The seller from Brighton was not very forthcoming about the origin of this bike but eventually I got from them that it was a Limited Special Edition.
The photo on EBay was exactly the bike but yet it was sold or auctioned under the title of a LIV without any reference to Limited edition so I was pleasntly surprised when it had the Sprint frame.
Has anyone got a similar or can tell me more about this Limited Special Edition/
Many thanks

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
I have just bought on Ebay a brand new LIV which to my surprise is on the Sprint frame which is ideal as I wondered if I could manage the usual LIV crossbar.
The Motor has brushes unlike the Sprint but has hub brakes on the rear and altogether is a far better machine than the bogstandard LIV which I believe is about to be revamped and doubtless at a greater price.
The seller from Brighton was not very forthcoming about the origin of this bike but eventually I got from them that it was a Limited Special Edition.
The photo on EBay was exactly the bike but yet it was sold or auctioned under the title of a LIV without any reference to Limited edition so I was pleasntly surprised when it had the Sprint frame.
Has anyone got a similar or can tell me more about this Limited Special Edition/
Many thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the first question you will be asked is if you can post a picture so they can check it out...will save some time for you if you get it quick, even if you use the one off e-bay...

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
did it come with battery?

Bandruidh

Aug 6, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the first question you will be asked is if you can post a picture so they can check it out...will save some time for you if you get it quick, even if you use the one off e-bay...
Sorry I don't know how to do that

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If the seller was Cyclepoint at Brighton, they were the UK eZee agents for about one year and displayed the Liv with the Sprint frame as standard, not a special edition, so I assumed eZee had changed it to that anyway. Cyclepoint are clearing out their stocks now that they are no longer the eZee agents, but when they had no batteries left as spares they sold those that were originally with their bike stock.

However, the Liv is being shown with the old frame by the current agents so the one sold by Cyclepoint may have been created from their stock of spare parts. Nothing wrong with that of course, the Sprint frame being better as you say.

The roller brake with the 3 speed Nexus hub was also standard. Here's the publicity photo for the Liv that Cyclepoint used, the same as your bike:

Last edited:

Bandruidh

Aug 6, 2009
Yes that is exactly the photo of the "Special" LIV. Thank you for all your information .Very grateful as it all starting to fall into place as to its background. It must have come from EZEE as an special or limited edition bike as the name LIV is on the frame.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In that case eZee may have run out of Liv frames at one point and maintained production with the Sprint ones, your good fortune!