Ezee Sprint, Motor controller access.

Bammy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2019
Hi folks,

I have to access the motor controller box to connect leads from a replacement Mk 1 battery condition meter. Does anyone happen to have done this? It looks as though one needs angled screwdrivers to get at the screw heads to release the control box. Is it necessary to remove the key assembly as well?
Advice gratefully received. Thanks
Bammy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Either stubby or angled screwdriver. I could get the controller off without disturbing the lock box on my Torq or Quando models but the more sloping back seatpost on the Sprint might make extraction from below the lock box awkward. Try without moving the lock box though, it will probably drop in between the rear frame stays enough to be able to wriggle it out.

Bammy

Jun 17, 2019
Either stubby or angled screwdriver. I could get the controller off without disturbing the lock box on my Torq or Quando models but the more sloping back seatpost on the Sprint might make extraction from below the lock box awkward. Try without moving the lock box though, it will probably drop in between the rear frame stays enough to be able to wriggle it out.
Thank you, I should be able to muster the required tools from the tool box I passed on to youngest son as I downed tools and he was entering the motorbike phase.......c'est le vie

Bammy

Jun 17, 2019
Thank you, I should be able to muster the required tools from the tool box I passed on to youngest son as I downed tools and he was entering the motorbike phase.......c'est le vie