eZee Torq Mk1 Prototype

C

Cyclezee

The very first eZee Torq which is owned by David Henshaw of AtoB magazine has been given a new lease of life.

It is a prototype from 2005 and much loved by David.

His plan had been to sell it he but changed his mind, so yesterday I took him a new battery and it is up and running again. Apart from the new battery it is completely original as supplied and performs perfectly.

I took it for quick spin and came back impressed with how well it performed, a testement to the original design.

There is no reason why this bike will not keep going for many more years to come.
eZee Torq No.1
20141022_115822.jpg
David in full flight
20141022_115730 copy.jpg

Reactions: oigoi

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This eZee Torq prototype had a slightly different derailleur than the final production version, having a very high rider top gear at I think 132". The production one's top gear was a more reasonable 122" but still far higher than most e-bikes, as befitted this very fast model.

On this prototype Torq David won the first Presteigne event race outright, and was timed on the straights on the flat at over 25 mph for lap after lap.

In the early days of the forum 38% of all the members recording the bikes they possessed owned one of these Torqs, highlighting what a special e-bike it was then.

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
I remember falling off one of those at full belt. my finger is still out of shape, as when I rolled over it was pointing forwards and bought me to an abrupt stop.
I still have the bits to fit into another bike. I must hunt them down and look for a new rim.