• awesome!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • terrible!

Votes: 21 91.3%

• Total voters

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Come on flecc you can say old fashioned :p
Not really. We've happily adopted integrated batteries, some very nicely styled modern e-bikes, a variety of suspension systems, advanced LCD controls etc., so far from old fashioned. Indeed, the e-bikes from companies that have stuck with old designs are widely criticised here.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Having ripped into this bike earlier on in the day, I've been thinking about it throughout the afternoon. I think I was initially too quick to judge it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that it looks bloody awful (maybe it would look better in black – an “if Batman rode a bike....” sort of thing), but I'm now able to see it for what it is. There's some real low hanging fruit to be had by the industry in the form of efficiency and performance gains through improved aero and I think that the manufacturer has been bold in this respect. This should be praised, even if I still don't like the styling.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Having ripped into this bike earlier on in the day, I've been thinking about it throughout the afternoon. I think I was initially too quick to judge it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that it looks bloody awful (maybe it would look better in black – an “if Batman rode a bike....” sort of thing), but I'm now able to see it for what it is. There's some real low hanging fruit to be had by the industry in the form of efficiency and performance gains through improved aero and I think that the manufacturer has been bold in this respect. This should be praised, even if I still don't like the styling.
I don't think it's aero at all. Bold yes, no praising it looks like a normal bike with a silly fairing , bad in a side wind too

• Agree
Reactions: trex

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Thats horrible ,
I like my bikes too look like bikes
Also the bike isnt the aerodynamic challenge the rider is and this bike isnt doing anything to help with that .

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its near 35kg its like making a brick aerodynamic lol:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's some real low hanging fruit to be had by the industry in the form of efficiency and performance gains through improved aero
I'm not too convinced about this. Conventional bikes have a miniscule drag factor, it's the slob in the saddle who presents a multiple of the bike's drag. And that's best dealt with using full drop handlebars and wearing lycra after losing weight. Or riding a low recumbent as well.

N.B. Post crossed with D8ve, Paul20v and Soundwave's posts.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes it weighs the same as an e-WAW and presents none of the advantages.

If you want to improve your Cx: drop bars and lycra... I would chose the vélomobile any day of the week.

• Agree
Reactions: trex and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I did a Google image search on aerodynamic bikes. Apart from the young lady taking "clothes slow you down" to a whole new level... :rolleyes: lots of weird and wonderful record bikes and time trial bikes. Oh and vélomobiles...;)

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I'm not too convinced about this. Conventional bikes have a miniscule drag factor, it's the slob in the saddle who presents a multiple of the bike's drag. And that's best dealt with using full drop handlebars and wearing lycra after losing weight. Or riding a low recumbent as well.

N.B. Post crossed with D8ve, Paul20v and Soundwave's posts.
Maybe at regular "bike speeds", but once you're doing 30mph+, effective aero mods can make an incredible difference. Also, they are usually cheaper than an equivalent weight reduction on a cost/performance basis.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With the "Terrible" vote outnumbering the "Awesome" vote by 10 to 1 and no recent responses from him, I think Vic has already given up promoting this product here.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With the "Terrible" vote outnumbering the "Awesome" vote by 10 to 1 and no recent responses from him, I think Vic has already given up promoting this product here.
#

Shot down in flames !!!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
As the Laneri Falcon should be.....
KIll it, kill it with fire, its the only thing to do with something that ugly.
Oxi aceteline fire

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
"Laneri Falcon on the average spends 22% less energy on every km of the path and develops a 17% higher speed compared to its analogues."
This is BS, if and thats a big if it is aerodynamically superior the improvement will only occur at higher speeds above the legal assist levels. if you are into aerodynamics you would be riding a drop bar road bike which will have better aero than this, flat bar will remove most aero benefits due to the riding position, oh and the choice of tyres is perfect for high speed low drag. /s
Or if not afraid of odd bikes a recumbent which would make the aerodynamics of this look like a brick.

I would love to see a link to the aerodynamic testing?

They would be almost as funny as the range claim power consumption on any hill with a 34.5kg bike won't be pretty "This, coupled with the 315km range, means maximum riding time."

OP I love odd ball bikes but that bike ........ just no.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc