Fast4ward Peak help please.....................

biffanio

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2012
Hello all,

Could I please ask for a little advice on an ebike I have put an order in for.

This is going to be my first ebike and it is going to be used to commute to work,using the canal route.

After having a look around I decided to plump for a Ultra motor "Fast4ward peak".

I was at peace with my purchase until i tried to source a spare Panasonic battery for it which i cannot find? ,which is ringing alarm bells.

Also i have heard that Ultra motor went into administration last November and i am also worried about sourcing future parts,even though a new Indian buyer has been found?

I am wondering if I should change my choice of bike?

If anyone could offer me some advice on these concerns I would be very grateful?

Thank you in advance

Neil

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
try Valley scooters ,bolton ,01204 532183 . I know someone who recently bought a bike from them so they might have one in stock or be able to get one. I am also sure the brand has been taken over by somebody else so you should be able to get one i think it is Hero Eco, a division of Hero Motor Corp. Good luck.

biffanio

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry I didn't explain better.
I have one already on order but have the concerns as above.
Many thanks
Neil

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Ni Neil,
I'm sure Mark (UM/Hero) will be along shortly and put your mind at rest. I have a Fast4ward that is less than a year old and my understanding is that Hero will be supporting me if needed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Due to the small nature of the e-bike field Neil, there is no 100% guarantee of replacement batteries for any e-bike, very many makes have disappeared over the years. Even Powabyke, one of the oldest makes around, failed just over a year ago, but was fortunately rescued later.

A few companies are the safest, but generally higher priced, all makes of bikes with the Panasonic motor unit, plus Wisper and eZee for example. In fact eZee are especially notable for sticking with exactly the same battery casing for all models, so every generation of batteries as they progress fit any eZee model.

However, just because a standard battery isn't available doesn't put the bike out of action, another make of battery can always be sourced and mounted on the carrier.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Biffanio, I cannot give you a 100% guaranty however Hero who distribute Fast Forward are a BEBA member and I know Mark Loveridge the MD very well. Certainly for the foreseeable future there will not be any issues with spares or replacements.

Best regards

David

biffanio

Jan 13, 2012
Thank you ever so much for your kind replies everyone.
If anyone is aware where I could source a spare battery from I would be most grateful.
Best wishes
Neil

Keith C

Just Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Hello Biffanio.

The Fast4ward bike range is an unashamed copy of Urban Movers bikes and as such uses the same electronics, drive system, case and battery that we do. FastForward, Ultra Motor and its team may come and go, but we have been around now for 10 years intact and still use the same case that has been copied by Ultra motor/Fast Forward. I cannot say much more because the replica infringement is the subject of a court case at the moment. But suffice to say, that I am certain that we will be around for the next 10 years, so I can assure you that there is no problem in getting hold of the batteries from the rightful and original source. Keith Urban Mover - the future is now

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hello Biffanio,

I am sorry for the waters being muddied here. Fast4ward uses licensed components direct from the factory and has infringed no patents, the Fast4ward design team worked directly with the factory to source suitable components and develop attractive frames. Ultra Motor as we know it is no more and all assets have been purchased by Hero Eco, a $5bn automotive company, suffice to say your purchase is very safe and we have batteries available. Any court case is with Ultra Motor, and to be clear there were no grounds for it. I didn't want to have to hang dirty laundry in public, but there was a court case against Urban Mover from one of their dealers which they lost and still have not paid the bill.

I hope this satisfies your concerns, please come back to me directly with any further questions on: 07824 771652 as I won't be passing further comment on this thread