fatbike motor from Bafang

Hi folk´s,

I received from my Chinese "boss" a Bafang fatbike-motor to check it out

http://www.szbaf.com/en/components/component/motor/rm-g06350d.html

bad point´s
The brochure says it works for dropout 170mm - 190mm but forget it. The Motor is designed for 170mm dropout and that´s it.
The torque in the brochure is 60-80Nm but that´s just wishfull thinking ;-)

good point`s,
it has more power as the standart 250Watt motor but far away from 60Nm
The design look like very well to the fat biketire´s, I like the motor even I mention the bad points
For dropout´s of more then 170mm I let produce some spacer in China and then the motor should work with 190mm

If you want further information go on my "boss" website www.fatbike-motor.com
I help her (my boss is a woman in China) out for the technical question´s and sale´s outside China. At the point download on that website you´ll find some more information for the fatbike motor to download

cheer´s
frank

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Torque depends on current. What current did you put through it?

I used a 17amps controller setup and my wattmeter shows 750watt max
The wire on the 250watt motor is only 1,5 so it is not able to take more for long time

btw, full battery 42V but I guess you´ve pictured it at 750Watt ;-)

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
thanks for the info, especially for the SFM repair manual. Very informative.
is it right that the SFM motor has an inrunner iron core? I've read somewhere that it runs at 4,500 RPM. Must be more efficient than the 8-Fun BBSes.

hi trex,

I just check SFM sprocket ratio´s and come to the conclusion, yeab roundabout 4800rpm motor spinning if on the crank is 100rpm speed.
It´s a inner runner with iron-core. I like that motor because it support with higher torque as the bbs01 and the complete motor looks better designed
but actualy I have no prove that the Motor is better because to short time in testing to make a compare statement between the Bafang and the SFM/tongsheng

There is only one point at the SFM I dont like, one inner motor bearing looks not stabil.
The SFM produce more noise as the bafang but give´s more power

regards
frank

Reactions: trex