Figuring out these Chinese....

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
OK so I am trying to find a 48V controller that has a pedelec function - I dont just want a throttle. I found one that says this:

wiring instructions:

1. The power cord:big red +big black- - - -
2. Electric Door Lock Cable: middle red
3. The motor cable: big yellow+ big green+ big blue
4. The hall cable: the small red cable, the small black cable, the small yellow cable, the small green cable, the small blue cable
5. The transfer cable:the small red cable(+5V)+the small blue cable (Signal)+the small black cable(Negative electrode)
6. The three-speed cable:blue (high speed )+black +gray(low speed)
7. The high level brake: yellow cable
8. The low level brake :yellow+ black cable
9. Anti-theft features:red(positive)+black(negative)red(electric start)+blue(Lock motor signals) +green(lock motor)
10. EBS electric brake: two blue cables matched
11. Cruise function: two Gray cables connecting together.
12. Self-learning cable:white two cable with black plug (after Positive rotation,then disconnect)

OK so I can pretty much figure out all of them except the transfer cable and the three-speed cable....... do they mean the throttle and the 3-levels of power - in which case there's no pedelec cables on this controller is that right?

Any thoughts from people who have been down this route already much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

What are you going to do with a pedal sensor and a 48v bike. You'll find that as soon as you pedal, you'll be going too fast. It's much easier to control your speed and power through the throttle cable. The bikes that have powerful motors and pedal controlled power have very sophisticated control systems to control the power. I've never seen anybody make a satisfactory solution to this problem for DIY ebikes, but I'm hopeful that Speedict might be able to solve it with the new version, which should be available before Xmas. It's not a problem on lower powered bikes because you don't have enough power to go faster than you can pedal.

In your example above, no.5 is probably the PAS connector. The three speed switch works on only the throttle on the ones I tested. If you connect blue to black, you can sometimes get significant extra speed, but how it works is a mystery to me because it seems to be different on each motor/controller combination.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
What are you going to do with a pedal sensor and a 48v bike. You'll find that as soon as you pedal, you'll be going too fast. It's much easier to control your speed and power through the throttle cable. The bikes that have powerful motors and pedal controlled power have very sophisticated control systems to control the power. I've never seen anybody make a satisfactory solution to this problem for DIY ebikes, but I'm hopeful that Speedict might be able to solve it with the new version, which should be available before Xmas. It's not a problem on lower powered bikes because you don't have enough power to go faster than you can pedal.

In your example above, no.5 is probably the PAS connector. The three speed switch works on only the throttle on the ones I tested. If you connect blue to black, you can sometimes get significant extra speed, but how it works is a mystery to me because it seems to be different on each motor/controller combination.
OK thanks that makes a lot of sense (re how come high power bikes dont have pedelec).

On the other point though - If 5 is the PAS (pedal assist right? - the pedalec) - then which one is the throttle? None of the others sound like the throttle. I am thinking 5 is in fact the throttle and it does not have a pedelec.

Any further thoughts very welcome!

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, You're right. No. 5 is the throttle. No PAS connector, but it will almost certainly have connections directly to the PCB inside the box for PAS.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Yes, You're right. No. 5 is the throttle. No PAS connector, but it will almost certainly have connections directly to the PCB inside the box for PAS.
OK you lost me at the end there - PCB? As a general rule me and my soldering iron don't venture inside the bits covered in Aluminium - but I guess there's always a first time..........

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I knew that.
Oh yes Flecc there was something else I wanted to ask you about......

Once I remember you wrote a post explaining roughly how to price up a second have e-bike. It was pretty darn scientific if I remember pricing the bike separately from the battery - which made sense to me at the time.

Could you send the link in so I can take a look. Thanks in advance if you can.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Once I remember you wrote a post explaining roughly how to price up a second have e-bike. It was pretty darn scientific if I remember pricing the bike separately from the battery - which made sense to me at the time.

Kudos Dave refers to the formula under 'depreciation' here:

.: Kudos Cycles - e-bikes with style :.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Here's the link direct to that post.

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
order a controler from ecrazyman on ebay.
tell him what you want.sensored/sensorless voltage cut off, amps,pas,throttle,
3 speed switch set to whatever you want ie 50% 75% 120%
ask for a programming cable.
.if youre good with a laptop you can alter the setting yourself.easily
delivery about 1 week.
richard

Pat_68

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 4, 2014
. OK so I can pretty much figure out all of them except the transfer cable and the three-speed cable....... do they mean the throttle and the 3-levels of power - in which case there's no pedelec cables on this controller is that right?
Hi all, the transfer cable is the twist and go throttle, the three speed cable works like this, nothing connected (medium power) Black and yellow High full power 1000w, black and blue Low power (on mine) it seems the black is the common and the other two connect to it (one wire at a time) which make high or low depending on which colour is connected to the black. The way mine works is, the throttle still brings you from zero speed up to full power in the mode your in, depending on which mode you are in (one of the three speeds available) (low) low power/low speed. (med) medium power and speed. (high). High up to 1000 watts on 48 volts, very fast.
No 2 electric door lock needs to be connected to battery live via a switch ( done via the switch on my battery box)
I hope this helps,

Regards

Pat

Attachments