Final version of Rockrider FS [at least for now

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The large frame Rockrider is completed just awaiting a bling ring to arrive
Spec BBS01 48V 250Watt legal spec [engraved with 250w] it is factory set to 12 amps in the firmware not able to change this ,but now levels and keep current adjusted it is much better
Even brand new out of the box had to grease the motor final drive gears to stop the whine :eek: [now silent] also the 5 allen bolts supplied with the chain ring are longer than normal and no had locktite
The 3 day uk delivery took 2 weeks but arrived with upgrade to a dpc 18 display cost £399.99 and no extra charges
Battery hailong 1 case old style 90mmx 93mm so it fits in the frame triangle and can still be removed
Not much left of the shop bike :rolleyes: new air forks and twin chamber rear shock and seat post brakes upgraded and new tyres
Great fun to ride and very agile just need to fit a 36t on the front for hill climbing less grunt than i am used too ;)
Had forgotten how much smaller the 01 is compared to the bbs02 [ just in-case it is in the back of your minds my 02 controller does not fit ]

Attachments

Reactions: guerney

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The large frame Rockrider is completed just awaiting a bling ring to arrive
Spec BBS01 48V 250Watt legal spec [engraved with 250w] it is factory set to 12 amps in the firmware not able to change this ,but now levels and keep current adjusted it is much better
Even brand new out of the box had to grease the motor final drive gears to stop the whine :eek: [now silent] also the 5 allen bolts supplied with the chain ring are longer than normal and no had locktite
The 3 day uk delivery took 2 weeks but arrived with upgrade to a dpc 18 display cost £399.99 and no extra charges
Battery hailong 1 case old style 90mmx 93mm so it fits in the frame triangle and can still be removed
Not much left of the shop bike :rolleyes: new air forks and twin chamber rear shock and seat post brakes upgraded and new tyres
Great fun to ride and very agile just need to fit a 36t on the front for hill climbing less grunt than i am used too ;)
Had forgotten how much smaller the 01 is compared to the bbs02 [ just in-case it is in the back of your minds my 02 controller does not fit ]
Impressively neat and tidy. Good job.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The only problem was the budget busting upgrades :oops:
If the riding is fun and frequent, wallet pain will ease quite fast!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks nice! Since when was 48v at 12A within the 250w limit!! :eek::D
There are no current limits set down in the regs other wise bosh an yamaha etc,etc wouldn't be legal, what is set down is the motor rating of 250w.