Fireball 500 ebike for 2017

Mogberi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2017
Durham
Anybody know anything about the New model Fireball from Electric Bike conversions?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Mogberi

Apr 22, 2017
Durham

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes. But the one I saw was the 500 version and only about £1k but why is it opposite?
Let's leave the mechanical bikes aside, this guy explains the difference between types of motors much better than I can:

http://www.ebikeschool.com/geared-hub-motors-vs-gearless-hub-motors/

Don't take me wrong, gearless motors have their fans too but in general, motors must be used in their sweet zone, outside the sweet zone, motors turn more of your battery charge into heat than mechanical power.
The sweet zone of a gearless motor is roughly 15mph-30mph, a geared motor 8mph-20mph. The Bosch crank drive extends that with the gears on your bike to 4mph-28mph. Gearless motors are not so good on hills and in our congested streets.

Mogberi

Apr 22, 2017
Durham
Let's leave the mechanical bikes aside, this guy explains the difference between types of motors much better than I can:

http://www.ebikeschool.com/geared-hub-motors-vs-gearless-hub-motors/

Don't take me wrong, gearless motors have their fans too but in general, motors must be used in their sweet zone, outside the sweet zone, motors turn more of your battery charge into heat than mechanical power.
The sweet zone of a gearless motor is roughly 15mph-30mph, a geared motor 8mph-20mph. The Bosch crank drive extends that with the gears on your bike to 4mph-28mph. Gearless motors are not so good on hills and in our congested streets.
Hmmm. Best to stick with the Race then. Thanks for quick reply

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hmmm. Best to stick with the Race then. Thanks for quick reply
One more thing before you make the jump.
It's not because the Bosch CX can be sweet between 4mph and 28mph, you need to take into account other factors too:
1. you can't just set the maximum speed of the bike like you can with the Stealth or the Fireball. You need to buy a dongle and/or find a sympathetic dealer who accepts to guarantee your bike after it is derestricted
2. You don't have a throttle on the Race, that means you can't just stop pedaling and ride on throttle when you are too tired.
3. Maintenance cost is higher because of wear and tear of the transmission.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
It does look and sound very much like my Stealth.
Ive written many posts about the Stealth, unfortunately, most of them are not so good. That could be down to bad luck and maybe its just not right foe my needs.

Overall, its not a bad bike for the money, and it certainly does put a smile on your face when its working. But,when it is working, like it is now, there is always that horrbile thought in the back of my mind, it could let me down at any minute.

Depends what you want it for, but if you want to run it at much above 15.5 mph, the battery life figures quoted are ambitious to say the least in my experience, and thats on mostly flat roads. On the slightest hill, you can feel the power drop away, and it starts getting very heavy.

Great for a good blast though, so I will be keeping mine when I buy the Woosh Rio.....the stealth will be used as a backup, and maybe the odd weekend fun trip, not commuting.

Mogberi

Apr 22, 2017
Durham
One more thing before you make the jump.
It's not because the Bosch CX can be sweet between 4mph and 28mph, you need to take into account other factors too:
1. you can't just set the maximum speed of the bike like you can with the Stealth or the Fireball. You need to buy a dongle and/or find a sympathetic dealer who accepts to guarantee your bike after it is derestricted
2. You don't have a throttle on the Race, that means you can't just stop pedaling and ride on throttle when you are too tired.
3. Maintenance cost is higher because of wear and tear of the transmission.
Thanks. There is a lot to consider!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks. There is a lot to consider!
one more thing, Chinese crank drive bikes are also worth looking into.
I sell quite a lot of them for nearly 4 years now.
This is one message I got from a customer on the Woosh Bikes FB page yesterday:

Keith Commons reviewed Woosh Bikes5 star
11 hrs ·
i bought a kreiger as it is built for uphill riding its being a true old faithfull at climbing hills with and is still going strong and i have nearly 5,000 miles clocked the bike i can say is quite amazing for the value and in the first year i had only one problem and the staff sorted it in no time at all. thanks woosh team truly a great bike and fantastic people who designed the bike and to all the staff at woosh cycles.

His bike is the £999 Woosh Krieger:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger