First trip out!

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Well I finally got out on my Cyclamatic folder and boy was it a breeze even with my breathing not being quite upto snuff I had a great time, it made for getting up the 2 hills I did a doddle, I didn't go far as I have been fairly inactive for almost 5 weeks but it was such a joy to get out and about.

Now all I need to do is adjust the seat a smidge and get a mirror for the handlebar so I can check for traffic better, any suggestions for a suitable one or are they all pretty much of a muchness. Oh and I think I need to see how these tyres go I think a couple of better puncture proof ones might be in order, very rural farmy place with thorny hedges that will be cut!

Here are a couple of pics (can be used to keep the kiddies away from the fire :p )

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Good on yeah girl! lol Enjoy!:)

dog looks a little puzzled......

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Lucky you, Morag. And even luckier your pooch with his own scooter.
Is it a pushelec scooter? Does he/ she push with just his back leg while standing on the scooter ot like the skateboarding dogs, with the 2 legs on one side

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Lucky you, Morag. And even luckier your pooch with his own scooter.
Is it a pushelec scooter? Does he/ she push with just his back leg while standing on the scooter ot like the skateboarding dogs, with the 2 legs on one side
*lol* good one!

It's an electric Goped that my husband (who's disabled) uses, poor old dog doesn't get a look in (or leg on) with the darn thing, he has to mooch alongside, I wish I was as fit as him :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
What a great site

Morag

Great to see you out and about and the dog basket went on OK.

Dave

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury
Excellent Morag. I’ll look out for you and your unusual entourage when I’m out and about in the Shropshire lanes!

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Excellent Morag. I’ll look out for you and your unusual entourage when I’m out and about in the Shropshire lanes!
You certainly won't be able to miss us, especially with the sticker on the side of the bike *lol*

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
THanks for the heads up on that I'll see if I can get a back issue I'd like to read it.:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It was a very good article Morag, amusing, and plenty of entertaining photos of various dogs, their owners and transport.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
excellent basket

Nice photos Morag, like your basket.

"taking the woofers for a spin" can get a little complicated..... especially if everyone wants to come.

Last edited:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Nice photos Morag, like your basket.

"taking the woofers for a spin" can get a little complicated..... especially if everyone wants to come.

Cheers :)

*lol* that is what my hubby says I will look like if I get another dog, which he I might add is against the party pooper. That pic shows where there's a will theres a way *lol*

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Only in England would a person pull a dog :D

When I lived in Normandy we used to regularly see dryland mushing or carting, two or more dogs pulling a person in a pony and trap style cart in the foret de Cerisy.

I've never seen happier dogs.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Lemmy you should see the look on Stan's (white dog in pic) face when he's off with his dad, you are right very happy dogs when out for a run :D

In my defence wee Louie can't manage so she has her wee mooch first then into her basket and off we go *lol*

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Have you taught her to hang out of the basket sidecar racing style. Think of the cornering speeds you could get.

She might need goggles and a crash hat, of course.
I'll have to have words with her, mind you her balance isn't what it could be and with her disintergrating spine I'm not so sure that's such a good idea *lol* but she does have some doggles (goggles for dogs) might have to get her a wee crash hat especially with my accident prone nature ;)

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
a while back I posted that youtube of a Japanese couple of about the same age as Morag and her hubby, who had successfully trained their pet dalmatian to ride a childs bicycle some distance down the street :D

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Oh wow I'm going to have to work on getting Stan to ride his dads goped could do with some extra cash for all his toys :D