Fitting a thumb throttle TSDZ2

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
I have done a bit of trawling of various forums and drawn a blank. I want to fit one to the VLCD5 display which is shown below (apologies for the out of focus plug). I just need to know what I need to get and what's involved with firmware/software ETC.

TIA Pete

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your controller with 5 pin outs dosen't support a throttle.
Tsdz is sold in two guises throttle or no throttle version, you need the controller with either 6 or 8 pin outs . Afaik one can't retro fit a throttle to a non throttle tsdz.

Reactions: PeterPi

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What's on the other end of that cable? Some motors have a 6 pin connector and some have an 8 pin one with an inermediate 2 into 1 cable. There is a combined throttle and XH18 LCD that connects directly to the 6 pin motor connector.

Reactions: PeterPi

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
What's on the other end of that cable? Some motors have a 6 pin connector and some have an 8 pin one with an inermediate 2 into 1 cable. There is a combined throttle and XH18 LCD that connects directly to the 6 pin motor connector.
It just goes into the back of the display. I shall have to check the other cable that comes out of the display and repost.

EDIT: the one that goes to the motor has six pins.

Thanks.

Last edited: