Fitting a whoosh conversion kit to a Thorn Raven

SafetyThird

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2023
On the 'Endless Sphere' web-site, torque arms have been / are discussed to quite a depth. If you want to gain additional knowledge, have a look at these threads:

Thanks @Jodel ill have a read through

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The motor connector isn't in far enough.
well spotted.
It needs to be pushed in about 3 more millimeters, until the lip of the top connector reaches the circle line on the bottom connector.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What are the pair of pinks for ?

SafetyThird

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2023
The other wheel I have has a Son dynohub. One of the cables powers the Dynamo lights, the other powers the PowerBug USB charger to charge up a power pack or my phone.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The other wheel I have has a Son dynohub. One of the cables powers the Dynamo lights, the other powers the PowerBug USB charger to charge up a power pack or my phone.
You know that there's no difference between a dynamo and a motor? All you have to do is connect a battery and it'll spin the wheel - extra power if you need it. If you use a regen controller, you can use it to charge the battery for the lights or power the bike.

SafetyThird

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2023
You know that there's no difference between a dynamo and a motor? All you have to do is connect a battery and it'll spin the wheel - extra power if you need it. If you use a regen controller, you can use it to charge the battery for the lights or power the bike.
Yes but the son dynohub only outputs a few watts so would make a rubbish motor I think.

I’d like to get a USB output adapter for the big battery as powering a phone for the day for navigation wouldcause minimal drain on a battery this size.