Flecc

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Just returned from a short break to discover that Flecc has left the forum. All I can say is that Flecc was instrumental in convincing me to go electric and I am sure there are many on here who wouldn't have bought their bike if it weren't for his excellent advice and encouragement. Flecc along with a few others on the site provided novices and old hands with clear, concise, accurate and knowledgeable information and opinions on everything electric, often responding to queries instantly at all times of the day including the middle of the night. Personally, both publically and on PM's he kindly helped me resolve issues and problems before my decision to buy, while waiting for my bike to arrive and since its arrival. I wouldn't have been that interested in the forum, weren't for his continued contributions and advice. Yes, we had some interesting discussions but he was never personal and I maintain the utmost respect for him. I don't know what has been going on but it must have been a pretty ferocious attack for him to abandon the forum, and for those responsible, you should be ashamed of yourselves. The Forum has just lost one of e-bikes greatest ambassadors. I suggest those responsible swallow their pride and do everything in their power to try and encourage Flecc to return to the forum.

A very sad day indeed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As posted in the other thread on this, I haven't cancelled my membership, it vanished following a profile edit and I lost my posting rights.

That's now corrected and the position remains as I stated before, that I'm now taking a break from the forum.

Thanks for the support which is appreciated.

regards, flecc

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
As posted in the other thread on this, I haven't cancelled my membership, it vanished following a profile edit and I lost my posting rights.

That's now corrected and the position remains as I stated before, that I'm now taking a break from the forum.

Thanks for the support which is appreciated.

regards, flecc
100% Flecc... 100%
bw
musicbooks

S

stokepa31

I don't know what has been going on but it must have been a pretty ferocious attack for him to abandon the forum, and for those responsible, you should be ashamed of yourselves. A very sad day indeed.
Tom

Much has been said on both sides of the argument but I suggest you read it before you make judgements on who should be ashamed of what.

I agree it is a very sad situation and whilst I may have over reacted to the situation I maintain that I was insulted and misquoted.

Flecc is a true gentleman who has provided all of us with invaluble insight. I have heaps of respect for him and as Haku has said - it is only those that we respect that can upset us. (or words to that effect. I write from memory)

I have asked Russ to cancell my membership as whilst I remain a member I will continue to respond to posts such as yours and this counter produtive side show will continue to get in the way.

I apologise to anyone I may have offended - it was never my intention.

Tony - please come back

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have asked Russ to cancel my membership as whilst I remain a member I will continue to respond to posts such as yours and this counter productive side show will continue to get in the way.

Paul
Paul, you may wish to reconsider. As I thought was clear, I wasn't criticising any individual which is why I didn't identify anyone by site or real name, just using postings for illustration.

As my thread has served it's purpose I've asked Russ to remove it in it's entirety. Should he not wish to do that, I will edit out the whole content of my original statement, replacing it with a simple statement of explanation.

S

stokepa31

As I thought was clear, I wasn't criticising any individual which is why I didn't identify anyone by site or real name, just using postings for illustration..
I think we may have to agree to disagree Tony as I think you did clearly identify me by quoting (albeit incorectly) from my posting. I do not take kindly either to the inference that I live in any other land than you do ;)

I dont know what else to say really Tony.

Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm sorry you still misunderstand Paul.

As was surely clear I was speaking of the effect on me of the postings. In that context it doesn't matter whether I was wrong or right, the effect on me was as stated.

If you feel I was completely or partially wrong, so be it, I can be just as wrong as anyone else. The effect of the postings on me is unchanged by that, since my feelings are based on my perceptions, and of course cannot be based on yours or anyone else's.

However I won't post on this any more as it must be boring to others and does the forum no good.

S

stokepa31

"Many still don't accept that the attacks on 50cycles are unjustified, so let me illustrate why they are with one of the responses to my above posting, when a member informed me that 50cycles had brought it on themselves by marketing bikes months in advance of when they were available. He said they should have followed the example of Wisper with the 905se by not promoting it in advance, neatly illustrating the cloud-cuckoo land some members live in".

How is this discussing how it affects you. This is clearly having a go at me and if you dont have the balls to apologise then so be it.

no wonder you want it deleted as the truth is a bit different to what you continue to post. where i come from we say sorry and move on.

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
Please can we not start all this again folks? Its all been covered before and harm has been done. The last thing we want is a repeat. Let it rest.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I said I wouldn't return to this, but your heavy editing of what I posted in that way makes it important I do.

This is the extract from my original posting, showing what I had said before you started disputing it. Members can judge whether my statement was fair:

Many still don't accept that the attacks on 50cycles are unjustified, so let me illustrate why they are with one of the responses to my above posting, when a member informed me that 50cycles had brought it on themselves by marketing bikes months in advance of when they were available. He said they should have followed the example of Wisper with the 905se by not promoting it in advance, neatly illustrating the cloud-cuckoo land some members live in.

In fact Wisper first posted a promotion for the 905se in this forum on 9th June 2007 containing this statement:

"The price for the 905Se will be £1000.00. As the bike has been such a hit in Europe we will only have limited numbers on the first container, but we are taking advanced orders with a 33% deposit."

Note I said a member without giving any name, also that I commented on the fact that 50cycles marketing months in advance was at issue in what he posted, and then the bit in red which accurately stated the meaning of what he did actually say.

Last edited:
S

stokepa31

"when a member informed me that 50cycles had brought it on themselves by marketing bikes months in advance of when they were available. He said they should have followed the example of Wisper with the 905se by not promoting it in advance, neatly illustrating the cloud-cuckoo land some members live in".

it was my post that said they had brough it on themselves though you added the months and months bit

it was my post that said they should have followed the example of wisper

Your protests are like quoting the sonnets and pretending you are not talking about shakespeare

you identify me clearly and you associate me with the so called witchhunt and you know it.

S

stokepa31

Then we agree to disagree and I to will leave it there.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.