Folding bike - Kudos Secret vs Woosh Zephyr CD vs Other?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's an interesting challenge - the question is, can you go faster
Another bike I've seen is the ezee dahon bullet - has anyone tried this? There is barely any info on it. The weight is just 18kg and if I put the battery in my bag could bring the bike down to 15kg.
Cyclezee is the official distributor for ezee bikes in the UK.
There is some info here:
http://glowwormbicycles.com.au/store/bicycles/folding-bicycles/dahon-bullet-ezee

it says 20kgs all in, not 18kgs but if you keep the battery in the bag, the bike is indeed 3kg lighter. That's a good point for future 20" e-folders. Cwah's idea is similar with his bike box, keep all the electrics in an easily detacheable case.

EDIT:
http://www.cyclezee.com/ezee-dahon.html

bike: 15kgs, battery: 3kgs

C

Cyclezee

Hi Richard,

If you are anywhere near Milton Keynes you are welcome to try out an eZee Dahon Bullet for 24 hours.

richardadc

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2013
Surely, there's some parents that walk their kids to the childcare place. Why can't you leave your kids with them? You only have to meet them up the road to save your vital seconds, and the childcare centre really opens at 8:00 precisely - to the second?
I don't want to be rude but I'm asking about advice about a bike not my personal life. I can't change my personal situation and I'm not going to write exactly why things are as they are.

C

Cyclezee

I don't want to be rude but I'm asking about advice about a bike not my personal life. I can't change my personal situation and I'm not going to write exactly why things are as they are.
I have to agree Richard, advice on bikes is one thing, but lifestyle is entirely your business.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I don't think dave wanted to be intrusive.

Sometime someone else with a different poiny of view can help you think out of the box.

richardadc

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2013
Hi Richard,

If you are anywhere near Milton Keynes you are welcome to try out an eZee Dahon Bullet for 24 hours.
Sort of - I'm about 90 miles away. Possibly something i can do at some point next month. I'll be honest though that ideally I want to test a few bikes before making any decision.

Thanks

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
I was very impressed by the ride of the Kudos when I had a brief go on it the other day. Rode very stable for a 20 incher- certainly less skittish than my Dahon Vitesse folder and that isn't bad. Power delivery was sprightly too. Sorely tempted...

richardadc

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2013
I was very impressed by the ride of the Kudos when I had a brief go on it the other day. Rode very stable for a 20 incher- certainly less skittish than my Dahon Vitesse folder and that isn't bad. Power delivery was sprightly too. Sorely tempted...
How did you find the size and folding ability compared to your Dahon? On the weekend i went to Halfords to have a look at some cheaper folding bikes and found they were really awkward to use. They didn't have a Dahon or Tern to compare against but from what i've seen they seem a lot easier than what i tested against.

The video at
has also turned me off the Zephyr - it looks too complex to use daily.

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
TBH the fold looked as easy as the Dahon, which takes about a minute if I do it methodically. A little more complex on the Kudos 'case the new one has a seat post with 2 QR clamps as it telescopes. Size wise it's about as narrow as the Dahon, but a little longer as the frame is a little longer anyway. The small reinforcing tube above the main one acts as a neat carry handle. The free bag is pretty impressive too, just not designed to be taken with you!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Zephyr in the video has 8-Fun SWX rear hub motor. The current Zephyr (Zephyr CD and CDN) have crank drive motor, LCD, a lot more pulling power and also the CDN without derailleur is a little neater when folded.

Last edited: