For this icy weather

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd heard of this being done elsewhere, and it certainly makes a lot of sense. Only a tiny amount of ridge is enough for grip in snow.

Just don't do it with rim brakes though! :rolleyes:

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Brilliant??? I'm going out now to buy some cable ties.on a more serious note (and i do think it's a great idea ) when cycling to work on Tuesday morning at 0615 and -3c it was a bit slippery on the cycle paths so I cycled on the road which had been gritted and it was much better!!,so will do the same in the future but I WILL get a lot more cable ties ?.
PS I have my shorts on ALL year (not Lycra ) and never feel cold on my Freego Eagle.

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Right

Ah yes, the famous Freego ducted air heater...
Thanks for the comment but I DO have shorts on all year round but if you can't understand that there's not a lot to say apart from saying (don't be personal or sarcastic ) or you will bring this Forum down to the level of some others???.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
It looks worse than nothing to me. It might help with forward motion but makes sideways grip worse, on ice the bike is going straight over.

yselmike

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2011
purmerend
I rode home the other night with a build up of ice on my tyres so slowed down took an hour to get home,
Ice was still there the next morning it was salt,,,aaaaaagh bike back in the shower.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Thanks for the comment but I DO have shorts on all year round but if you can't understand that there's not a lot to say apart from saying (don't be personal or sarcastic ) or you will bring this Forum down to the level of some others???.
Don't be so touchy; it was a joke, because it sounded as if the Freego was responsible for keeping you warm (rather than, I am sure,your vigorous pedalling).

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Don't be so touchy; it was a joke, because it sounded as if the Freego was responsible for keeping you warm (rather than, I am sure,your vigorous pedalling).
Maybe we should ban humour Bode? I'm at a loss to understand how the complainant could have interpreted your remark in any way other than the way you intended it but what do I know?

Sometimes, posting on a forum can be like walking on eggshells, some people's sensitivities being what they are. Having offered up my unsolicited opinion, I shall now retire gracefully for fear of bringing down the forum to the level of some others.....mmm, that's probably my level!

Indalo

C

Cyclezee

Maybe we should ban humour Bode? I'm at a loss to understand how the complainant could have interpreted your remark in any way other than the way you intended it but what do I know?

Sometimes, posting on a forum can be like walking on eggshells, some people's sensitivities being what they are. Having offered up my unsolicited opinion, I shall now retire gracefully for fear of bringing down the forum to the level of some others.....mmm, that's probably my level!

Indalo
That was mildly ammusing Indalo, so much so that I almost smiled:(

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear

Indalo
YOU Indalo ?
Oh surely not.....
arent you being a bit hard on yourself ? ROFLOL

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Agreed, light-hearted humour is an important part of any healthy forum.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Agreed, light-hearted humour is an important part of any healthy forum.

I'm certainly relieved that I have a sense of humour Flecc........I definitely need it at times on here :D

Lynda :)

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Oops?

OK I might have been a little snappy and I apologise for that but I'd had a realy long bad day and all I could see was sarcasm SO SORRY. But I do wear shorts all year (the only time i wear trousers is when i get to work and they come off when i leave) and do not feel cold at all and yes I pedal all the time, I also belong to the Mazda MX5 forum (MX5 Nuts) and some people on there can be very rude and sarcastic.Again sorry Bode. :p