Freego Eagle (2009 model) has arrived

whybobowhy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2010
My first electric bike has arrived today. I opted for a Freego Eagle from 2wheelelectric. I plan on doing a full review after a couple of weeks but my initial impression is good. It feels nicely powerful and the build quality seems good. I had to adjust the gears but apart from that and fitting the front wheel,rack, saddle, pedals and light it seems well put together. The battery is supposed to be 17Ah with an up to 80 mile range (we will see).

Hub motor is a Bafang 250W, not sure what the views in that make are, anyone?

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
I opted for a Freego Eagle from 2wheelelectric
Hi....looking foreward to hearing more about your new bike.

.....Looking to buy a new bike myself but don't want to rush in this time.

good luck.....Mike

whybobowhy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2010
Thats it I am now completely sold on this ebike/pedelec lark. Also loving the Freego eagle

After 2 days of easy commuting (10 miles total ) with a mixture of assist levels on some steep hills I decided to use it today for a 18 mile round trip to play cricket. Loaded up all my kit into my panniers and onto the rack and did the 9 miles to the match in 35 minutes with a high level of assist (didnt want to be tired before I played) and then 9 miles home in a similar time with a mix of high assist and throttle only (I was a bit tired after all). The battery on the eagle is still showing 50% full.

I have realised 2 things though:
1. Keep your mouth shut at 15mph as flies taste nasty.
2. I need some glasses as they hurt when they hit you in the eye.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying the bike. It's an interesting bike with that big battery, 2 year warranty, reasonable purchase price and very reasonable battery replacement cost.

Keep us informed as to how it performs over the coming months.

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Great to hear you're loving your new ebike.

Yep, some of those flies are crunchy, too, phoot-phoot!

IOM

Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2008
Glad your liking the bike. Only two and half weeks, then I can get back on mine.
Like the ice cream tub idea by the way.