FreeGo Price Cuts + Improvements

C

Cyclezee

Some of the the 2010 FreeGo range have been reduced in price plus several improvements have been made.

The 2010 Eagle is now £1299 which makes it very competetive in comparison to the competition. Especially when you consider it has the best value, highest capacity battery and a 2 year warranty.

The 38t chainring has been replaced with a 48t one, nuts, bolts and spokes are now stainless steel, front suspension improved, adjustable handlebar stem, etc.

In future, FreeGo will be introducing some more up market bikes, including a flagship Panasonic powered model with hydraulic brakes which is under development and due to be unveiled at Earls Court.
The current batteries will change from LiPo to LiFe P04.

I have been particularly impresed by the the quick response received and willingness of John Heath at Electric Mopeds - Electric Bikes, Bike | 2 Wheel Electric to sort out problems and discuss issues.

FreeGo Electric Bikes

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the info John, sounds good, the wide range of newer e-bikes around now is very encouraging. Let's hope they all survive and are with us for years, more likely with the increasing popularity of e-bikes.

Just learnt about the new MK shopping centre, dump and eyesore or good news in your opinion? Doesn't sound like its got an e-bike shop in there though. :(

By the way, that John Heath site says Hampshire, do they have an MK branch as well?

Last edited:

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Some of the the 2010 FreeGo range have been reduced in price plus several improvements have been made.

The 2010 Eagle is now £1299 which makes it very competetive in comparison to the competition. Especially when you consider it has the best value, highest capacity battery and a 2 year warranty.

The 38t chainring has been replaced with a 48t one, nuts, bolts and spokes are now stainless steel, front suspension improved, adjustable handlebar stem, etc.

In future, FreeGo will be introducing some more up market bikes, including a flagship Panasonic powered model with hydraulic brakes which is under development and due to be unveiled at Earls Court.
The current batteries will change from LiPo to LiFe P04.

I have been particularly impresed by the the quick response received and willingness of John Heath at Electric Mopeds - Electric Bikes, Bike | 2 Wheel Electric to sort out problems and discuss issues.

FreeGo Electric Bikes

I spke to John at length about the wife's trike and he was knowledgeable and helpful. There was a cock-up on the lithium battery availability but the refund came through fast.

The Eagle's had some good reviews and it sounds like there are good improvements and new models.

The MK shopping centre listing will stagger anyone whose seen it- as a property lawyer, I expect the owners are hopping :D

C

Cyclezee

Just learnt about the new MK shopping centre, dump and eyesore or good news in your opinion? Doesn't sound like its got an e-bike shop in there though. :(

By the way, that John Heath site says Hampshire, do they have an MK branch as well?
Hi Tony,

I have lived in MK for 25 years and really like it here, the majority of residents do. In contrast, the majority of non residents don't like it but still come in their millions to Central Milton Keynes or CMK as the locals call it just for shopping and never see the rest of the city. Personally, I think the layout is great even though I am not a fan of shopping. The buildings themselves are in my opinion, functional rather then objects of beauty. CMK has much more than just shops, there is the theatre, 2 multiplex cinemas, ski slope etc. etc., and best of all, Campbell Park right next door where there are often sheep grazing, real ones not concrete:D

There is only one cycle shop in CMK, Evans, but there are many more located throughout the city.

One of our membership, an architect and planner who was responsible for a lot of the Redway cycle routes has an Ezee Torq. I haven't seen him for a long time, but last time we met, he was cycling on a Redway and completely lost. He couldn't find the shopping centre:D

As for FreeGo, they only have dealers in the south so far from Kent to Devon and as far north as Wiltshire. Maybe one day there will be one in MK?

Last edited by a moderator:

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
As for FreeGo, they only have dealers in the south so far from Kent to Devon and as far north as Wiltshire. Maybe one day there will be one in MK?

As the topic has slightly drifted, there's a point here that's relevant to me. I'd love a test ride on an Emotion Sport Deluxe (the Panasonic-powered roadie) as there's a distinct chance I'd like it enough to buy one - but I really can't be bothered to get myself to Kidderminster to do so.

On Bike seems to be the only dealer, and the bike looks to be a beaut from many angles. I bought the Wisper untried and off the page because I already knew I'd love it and I've never been disappointed, but I wouldn't do that with something as radical as the Sport Deluxe.

Rog.

C

Cyclezee

Rog,

If you have car, Kidderminster would only be 2 hour drive from Harrow. I have spent longer than that driving across London;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One of our membership, an architect and planner who was responsible for a lot of the Redway cycle routes has an Ezee Torq. I haven't seen him for a long time, but last time we met, he was cycling on a Redway and completely lost. He couldn't find the shopping centre:D
:D. Love that John, shades of the old Birmingham Bull Ring where drivers got lost into an eternity of circling!