Frog battery on front of Tern folder

John Galvin

Pedelecer
May 14, 2014
Hi

I'm at the point of considering what battery to use on my Tern Link P9 folder.
I had thoughts of mounting it on top of the frame, which wouldn't interfere with the fold and I also have the option of a bottle battery, using the lugs already there.

I'm toying now with using a Frog battery, but seeing it's a folder, I don't want to mount it on the seat post. The Tern has a luggage socket, which consists of two threaded bolt holes in front of the headset. I was thinking a bracket wouldn't be too hard to conjure up and the frog battery also has a compartment for the controller, so it would be a nice neat installation. Does anyone know offhand the size of the threads? I'm sure I'll be able
to determine this by trial and error anyway.

I've seen a couple of pre-built bikes with a frog battery mounted at the front and I'm wondering how they engineer the installation. I've only seen pictures so I've had no chance to examine anything in detail.
Does anyone have any suggestions or am I on the wrong track? I'm going to use a front mounted hub motor BTW.

TIA

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
these two are quite neat and easy to fit:

John Galvin

Pedelecer
May 14, 2014
Hi

Yes, I have an option on a battery very similar to that Dahon but it's a bit heavier and I think would spoil the looks.
I know the nano but I have no interest in putting the battery in a bag. My idea is to be able to slip the battery out and put it in the rucksack that I'll be carrying anyway.
I like the idea of the frog as there's space to house the controller too. I've asked my supplier to confirm that their controller will fit inside the frog. They've just released a new sine wave controller so the delays I experienced getting the bike delivered might be a blessing in disguise.