Frog ebike battery

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys just need your help if you have use one b4 looking for a replacement seat post ebike battery thinking of the frog Style have you guys used one before and is there any room to put a very small ebike controller inside

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi guys just need your help if you have use one b4 looking for a replacement seat post ebike battery thinking of the frog Style have you guys used one before and is there any room to put a very small ebike controller inside
There's a compartment underneath that can take a controller slightly larger than the small ones. The problem with Frog batteries is that they never give you the vital plastic collars in the seat tube clamp, so you're clamping metal to metal that doesn't grip very well. Also, the cantilever design puts a lot of impact forces on the bracket, so the steel cracks after a while. The brackets on OEM bikes often have reinforced brackets and they use the plastic collars, but I've never seen either on a re-sellers one.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I have one of these. It's a 10S-3P. I was afraid to mount it on the seat post. The bracket didn't look up to the task of daily riding.

P1630611.JPG P1630606.JPG

I drilled a hole in the case and ran a XT60 connector out of the battery. I removed the bracket hardware from the pack, and I lay it in a battery bag on the rear rack, which all my bikes have,

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply guys I've asked to eBay so about the prog battery they said you can't put it inside I'm talking to control is about 4 inches long 1/2 inches and 2 inches wide as you can see I brought a ebike from Argos a year ago for my missus and as you can see from the pictures it looks similar to yours are it but behind the casing old to little ebike controller is now all snapped I tried to get into contact with Argos and they can't do nothing about it and I cannot find the replacement part I've asked a seller if he would just sell me the battery holder and I can modify that way but he said no the battery is fine

Attachments

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
As there's no rear suspension, ditch the frog mounting and fit a rear rack - problem solved.

BTW, your posts would be a lot easier to understand if you, at least, used capital letters, better still some punctuation:eek::)

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
As there's no rear suspension, ditch the frog mounting and fit a rear rack - problem solved.

BTW, your posts would be a lot easier to understand if you, at least, used capital letters, better still some punctuation:eek::)
Sorry. Google voice text

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes, get a rack with a bag and stick the whole lot in the bag. You'll have to do a bit of adaptation to fit the rack to clear the dosc brake. Put a longer bolt in the seat clamp and fix the struts at the front of the rack to it. I wouldn't recommend a cantilever type rack unless you can find one with a steel clamp and main beam because aluminium ones suffer from metal fatigue and break suddenly.