Help! Front chainring size ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@Nealh - Go on... put a TS Tong on a Dahon folder! Loads of spare parts are still available for many models. Your battery requirements are lower than mine, you could get away with a bottle type, for which there are mounting holes. And it'd still fold.

Or a Gospade or BBS01b.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For the unique design/look it would be a Halfway or nothing, tbh I have no real use for one but it would be used. Even later in life when a step thru may be needed, having experienced the TSDz I doubt I would bother with another if electrifying. A Gospade although £400 also includes a battery but the size I think is small and only 36v.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For the unique design/look it would be a Halfway or nothing, tbh I have no real use for one but it would used. Even later in life when a step thru may be needed, having experienced the TSDz I doubt I would bother with another if electrifying. A Gospade although £400 also includes a battery but the size I think is small and only 36v.
I keep forgetting about the stepthrough, habitually kicking up high every time. Thankfully, I can still do it (Shotokan Karate in my youth).

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A Gospade although £400 also includes a battery but the size I think is small and only 36v.
I does look small, and £400 is cheap including batt. I've never seen anyone with one here

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know if Tony '@Woosh had one or not, he was angling towards them but then opted for the 48v Tong.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are they a small struggling manufacturer? Maybe they were demanding silly money.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
having experienced the TSDz I doubt I would bother with another if electrifying.
Why? Tongs seem to have a lot of fans here - maybe it's a matter of adjusting the parameters? If I recall correctly, you were trying some sort of combined cadence/TS setting - is your preferred pedalling cadence slow? If so, maybe tweak the TS parameters and use TS mode exclusively?

I've never used a TS - how does it compare to other TS ebikes?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Erm... I hate to disappoint, totally my fault the way I write I guess - "folding bike" chainring is the only part from a folding bike as it was the only single one by that came with 48T cog. Great thread hijacking though I will read all above when I return to my lappy.

20220828_174713.jpg

I have mixed feels about the fact you guys assumed I started a major folding bike project without the seal of approval or at the bare min an open discussion first. ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Argh man, your folding bike is only a chain ring. That is a pue radical design.

Yep we really derailed the thread with a total hijacking, a little dissapointed now.

To get back on track though, Halfway uses a 48t so hijacking temporarily ended.

• :D
Reactions: PC2017