Front wheel kit

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Would something like this be any good? I am looking for something to convert my steel tourer & have been keeping my eyes on the kit, especially at a reduced price.

https://comingsoon-tech.com/swytch-electric-bike-wheel/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Know one will really know until real time feed back is given from users, if all the marketing garb is to be believed then it may be good. As mentioned previously it requires some one to bit the bullet to try it out and give valuable feed back.
Claims of 20% hill climbing (1 in 5) is very impressive, it will need to live up to that to be considered a very good kit.
The introductory guinea pig price will be the only way to get it cheaper unless of course it turns out to be a stinker then they will be giving them away.

D

Deleted member 4366

Would something like this be any good? I am looking for something to convert my steel tourer & have been keeping my eyes on the kit, especially at a reduced price.

https://comingsoon-tech.com/swytch-electric-bike-wheel/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
That's the new lightweight mini motor from Xiongda. It gives surprising torque for its size and it's very light. I tested one a few moths back in my lightweight build thread. It works perfectly, but has a couple of shortcomings compared with other kits. The motor doesn't freewheel as well as other geared motors and there's a one second delay to get power from the PAS or throttle. Neither of those is a deal breaker. The controller is only 11A, so 30% less overall power than average. I can't say that the Swytch kit is exactly the same as mine, though likely.

I would say that it's a good kit for folding bikes, but on a full-size one, a rear Q100 kit would be better if you want light weight.

spinellino

Pedelecer
May 11, 2017
Italy
That's the new lightweight mini motor from Xiongda. It gives surprising torque for its size and it's very light. I tested one a few moths back in my lightweight build thread. It works perfectly, but has a couple of shortcomings compared with other kits. The motor doesn't freewheel as well as other geared motors and there's a one second delay to get power from the PAS or throttle. Neither of those is a deal breaker. The controller is only 11A, so 30% less overall power than average. I can't say that the Swytch kit is exactly the same as mine, though likely.

I would say that it's a good kit for folding bikes, but on a full-size one, a rear Q100 kit would be better if you want light weight.
So would it be ok to use a bike as a regular one with the motor permanently attached. I'm really interested in that kit: I'd like to fit it to my wife's bike, and she would use it without the battery bag for short rides and with for longer ones.

D

Deleted member 4366

It should be perfect for that. If you're in Italy, it might be easier and quicker to get the kit directly from Xiongda. Send an Email to bonnie@xiongda.com.cn. Here's what I ordered. If you want a front one, it's the same designation, but you have to say front 100mm instead of rear 135mm. Obviously you have to provide your own rim and spokes and build the wheel yourself.

Attachments