Fullycharged.com

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
We have a new Ebike store in London. Just around the block from my work They are based in Bermodsey near Tower Bridge.
They are stocking mostly top off the range bikes, Gocycle and A2B and a really cool retro 50's motorbike style number called the OTO. I could be tempted...
See wwww.fullycharged.com

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
Currently I have a Volt Metro and have had for 2 years now. I picked it because the battery is discreetly placed and it is built with quality parts and they offered a 2 year warranty. At just under a grand at the time I considered it a good buy for my first E bike.Previously had got back into cycling and had a regular Ridgeback Folder.

However I think most e bike manafactaruers do not put enough thought into design and at the price for Marina I would expect the battery hidden in the frame and the LCD display fitted into the handlebars. Especialy as it's purpose is for mountain biking so I would expect to come off it a few times at least and parts may get damaged.

When it comes to a regular commuter bike I think the likes of Gocycle and a2b are heading in the right direction, though the price needs to come down to temp most people.

The problem with E bikes in the UK they are seen as a niche product and far to expensive for a mass market, most people will think why should I spend 2 grand plus a e bike when I can get a new 50cc scooter for £500?

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Hub motor looks fairly small diameter (low power?), looks wise I like odd ball bikes but that leaves me cold.
But to each his own :)

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
£20,000 for an ebike?
I bought a brand new Renault Traffic, high roof, long wheel base van for £16,400

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps

However I think most e bike manafactaruers do not put enough thought into design and at the price for Marina I would expect the battery hidden in the frame and the LCD display fitted into the handlebars. Especialy as it's purpose is for mountain biking so I would expect to come off it a few times at least and parts may get damaged.
I follow your reasoning re: design and agree there's a place for nicely integrated city bikes, but as far as mtbs that are going to be used proper (get busted on a regular basis) the bolt-on discrete bits approach is far more practical.

Reactions: flecc