GBK 36v 15ah battery

liamwoolley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2013
Oslo
Hi all,

Got my kit on, bafang bbs01 at 350w and have done about 200km so far in 1 week. Pretty happy but the 15ah battery i was expecting abit more from.

My commute is 28km with approx 200m climb and 300m decent on the way in and obviously the opposite on my way home.

Im running the kit at 33kmph and on pedal assist 3, how ever i am pedaling like mad and switching down to assist 0 on declines.

The battery when i get to work has a little charge and on the way home its completely dead. Why is question it is there is a sticker that states 11.1v and 7AH.

Another thing is the charger is noisy and does not display when its charged, red light never turns green.

Any help will eb much appreciated

D

Deleted member 4366

The label is probably to get round shipping rules. It would have cost a lot more to ship it without the label. 100Wh is the limit. 11.1 x 7 = 77.7Wh.

At 33km/h, you, ll be using somewhere around 20 to 25 Wh/mile, though at 18 amps, it can go as high as 36Wh/mile. Your battery has 540Wh. So range should be somewhere around 21 to 27 miles.

Whatever battery you have, it takes a couple of cycles to reach full capacity, so don't be too quick to judge it.

I would almost guarantee that your batery does everything it's supposed to. If there's any doubt, you should put a wattmeter on it, which will not only show you how much charge you use, but also it'll show you how to ride more economically. You can get them on Ebay for about £8.

The red light not turning green is worrying. Did you remember to switch off the battery when charging?

liamwoolley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2013
Oslo
Thanks for the reply.

Spoke with GBK to, real fast reply and helpfull, spot on with the sticker :) Can only say good things about green bike kit, highly recommend.

Turns out time Was my enemy, from what i assumed close to a full charge it took 3.5+ Hours more, should have known better having a Nissan leaf that charging slows as battery perecentage increases... With full charge it's impressive.... Close to 300km in under a week so far

Will check out a watt meter, thanks for the heads up.