Gepida Alboin 1000 CRS Harmony(2013)

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Hi,
Could one of the stockists please tell me price for said bike above with 400Wh battery inc delivery?
I went into one stockist but they havent yet got back to me-may have slipped his mind but no worries....
Ive got a hungarian euro price(manufacturer country) for on the continent i think but not with larger battery and obviously not including delivery so im hoping a uk stockist can help me out.
Cheers all.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi
Only aware of E Bikes direct stocking these. There is a review on the A to B website.

David

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
wow, those are really beautiful bikes and far more appropriate for ladies and tarmac trundlers than stupid ktm's and Haibikes. I would love a go of the bosch-nuvinci combination which now seems to feature on a number of new continental bikes, an emerging trend you recall I'm sure, that I predicted a year or so ago on this very forum! (applause, cheers, middle-aged ladies swooning all about)

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
wow, those are really beautiful bikes and far more appropriate for ladies and tarmac trundlers than stupid ktm's and Haibikes. I would love a go of the bosch-nuvinci combination which now seems to feature on a number of new continental bikes, an emerging trend you recall I'm sure, that I predicted a year or so ago on this very forum! (applause, cheers, middle-aged ladies swooning all about)
What do you mean, stupid ktm's and Haibikes. Just bought a KTM and it is bloody brilliant.

Care to enlarge?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
What do you mean, stupid ktm's and Haibikes. Just bought a KTM and it is bloody brilliant.

Care to enlarge?
Congratulations on KTM. Which model have you got?

dw

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Well they are not exactly what you would call the thinking man's ebike are they? Clearly prettied up rip off designs based on pilfered blueprints of the tonaro bighit, the ebike as God originally intended.
That said, wouldn't mind a go of one myself if you are in The Viscinity. A review would I'm sure be much appreciated by forum members, once you get the hang of it.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Dave

Purchased a Macina 29.
Closest thing to a real mountain bike as far as geometry and balance is concerned.

Hech, you ought to try one, in a different class to a Bighit, plus its 8kg lighter.

Did a 20 mile off road trip today. Thickest of mud and deep puddles in places.

Motor pulled and pulled up the steepest hills to the point where traction could no longer be maintained or it became too steep to keep the front wheel on the ground.

The larger wheels allow for 35, 40mph plus down hill speeds with relative ease. Deliberately tried my hardest to flatten the battery but still had two bars left at end of the trip.

Its a proper bike and needs to be tried to be appreciated. I'll write a report for anyone interested once I have a few hundred miles on it.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Will look forward to your report SRS, especially on how it operates offroad and inmud. Dunno anything about mountain bikes but know I like mountain biking. Don't like the jingo and hip talk and merchandising part. 29" wheels make sense though and Bosch have really energised the rather uninspired e-bike world over the last year or two (second only to our own d8veh that is!).

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Dave

Purchased a Macina 29.
Closest thing to a real mountain bike as far as geometry and balance is concerned.

Hech, you ought to try one, in a different class to a Bighit, plus its 8kg lighter.

Motor pulled and pulled up the steepest hills to the point where traction could no longer be maintained or it became too steep to keep the front wheel on the ground.

The larger wheels allow for 35, 40mph plus down hill speeds with relative ease. Deliberately tried my hardest to flatten the battery but still had two bars left at end of the trip.

Its a proper bike and needs to be tried to be appreciated. I'll write a report for anyone interested once I have a few hundred miles on it.
Wow sounds like a great bike. Looking forward to getting our KTM bikes in stock!

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Dave

Purchased a Macina 29.

Sounds like a good bike. I have looked at it but dont think it looks as nice as the gepida, which i think looks more sporty.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Back on topic, don't EbikesDirect visit this site. It surprises me if they dont with it being as comprehensive on the subject matter as it is and with the thread title Gepida.....

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Back on topic, don't EbikesDirect visit this site. It surprises me if they dont with it being as comprehensive on the subject matter as it is and with the thread title Gepida.....
Whether relevant or not I found them to be quite unresponsive in my dealings with them last year . I was trying to buy a now discontinued/updated Wisper 806 after 3 calls and numerous e-mails they decided finally they had no stock !!!. Looking on their website they only appear to have the "older" type Gepida models , the home Gepida website shows your model it certainly looks a beauty , Bosch motor and Nu-Vinci gearing would be a tasty combination and at 21kg. not overly heavy . Can you give /show the converted price you have been offered , the only other avenue I could suggest to compare is via German forums/dealers/e-bay . Just a thought though
1 Standard 8Ah - 288Wh battery I have found to be more than adequate for MY needs

2 Think of dealer support if you have any (quite unlikely to happen ....but!!!)problems

Happy hunting/testing Alan

Last edited:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Sounds like a good bike. I have looked at it but dont think it looks as nice as the gepida, which i think looks more sporty.

Have looked at the Gepida range of off road bikes, they look good. Not keen on the inverted Bosch drive but other than that, they look great.

Always been a fan of KTM as I use to race KTM motocross so that may have something to do with my choice.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Can you give /show the converted price you have been offered , the only other avenue I could suggest to compare is via German forums/dealers/e-bay . Just a thought though
1 Standard 8Ah - 288Wh battery I have found to be more than adequate for MY needs

2 Think of dealer support if you have any (quite unlikely to happen ....but!!!)problems

Happy hunting/testing Alan
Sure,
779900 hungarian currency i have SEEN on the website but im not sure they would send here. Reaction Electric as a uk distributor probably the better option. (Or maybe ebikesdirect). Price quoted may be for the smaller battery though.

http://www.gepida.hu/hun-hun/termekek/kerekpar/2013_alboin_1000_crs_bosch_nuvinci/

Last edited:

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
£2273 or thereabouts at 343 florins=£1

Be interesting to see how that will compare to UK dealer price , also comparable spec KTM . bikes

Alan

Last edited: