Gepida reptila 900

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
Hi I have bought a reptila 900 on eBay the battery has gone to sleep it's not being recognised by the charger is it possible to restart it if not could I replace it with a 36 volt battery with more power the bike is a 2010 model with a 26 V Yamaha motor

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try long pressing the battery switch for approx. 10 -30 seconds to see if it wakes up.
Also if the charger doesn't recognise the battery it is because the battery internal BMS won't allow it to charge because of cell voltage imbalance, this means one or more cells groups have discharged below the lvc (low voltage cut off) and simply won't allow the charger to work.
The battery will need manually balancing and need opening up to do so.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
could I replace it with a 36 volt battery with more power the bike is a 2010 model with a 26 V Yamaha motor
Almost certainly not. This interim Yamaha crank unit was a near copy of the Panasonic one. If the internal circuit board is on the same computer style CPU-based lines which it most likely is, you're stuck with the 26 volts.

However, if it has a shunt like the 26 volt Panasonic units, more power may be possible with 26 volts. On my Performance Enhancement web page, scroll down to 26 volt New Units to see that detail. Any mods at your own risk of course.

Reactions: Nealh

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
Try long pressing the battery switch for approx. 10 -30 seconds to see if it wakes up.
Also if the charger doesn't recognise the battery it is because the battery internal BMS won't allow it to charge because of cell voltage imbalance, this means one or more cells groups have discharged below the lvc (low voltage cut off) and simply won't allow the charger to work.
The battery will need manually balancing and need opening up to do so.
When you say to long press it for 10 to 30 seconds do you mean with it plugged into the charger

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When you say to long press it for 10 to 30 seconds do you mean with it plugged into the charger
No, just with the battery alone, keep the button pressed.

That might wake it up, and on a few types that will also display the potential capacity of the battery.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No, just with the battery alone, keep the button pressed.

That might wake it up, and on a few types that will also display the potential capacity of the battery.
We have one of those bikes but with Bosch system. We had similar issues and had to purchase a new battery.. Been fine since... Its a nice bike for an road,where it is quicker than my Haibike. (which is currently in dry dock, I, m rebuilding motor, crank bearings went. Dealer doesnt offer rebuild service or even parts. They want you to buy a new motor (£1000) for a bike the essentially needs new bottom bracket bearings. Got Al bits on order from performance line bearings

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it's a bosh or yamaha battery then no shop/dealer will repair it and in their eyes it is scrap for recycling, your only option will be a diy attempt to see if it can be salvaged.
Georgehenry's yamaha battery's discharge port broke and the dealer said it was unrepairable and scrap and he would have to buy a new one, cost £800.
Fortunately he and a pal repaired it for a few pounds.