Giant Delight!/battery for sale

tandeman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2012
Hello, new Sheffield member here, very pleased to have found this informative and friendly sounding site.
Having had an interest in Ebikes for a while, I recently bought a 2003 giant Lafree twist Comfort (Nexus4speed), and I love it! Use it as an urban runaround. Very impressed with the build quality and rideability (power on or off)
I have had a 9a/hr battery re-celled locally (so far so good - details avail if anyone wants them) and I have the original 6.5a/hr battery set (reads full capacity) available to sell reasonably if anyone is interested.
I'm going to build up an 8 speed wheel to experiment with and see if the more extreme Sheffield hills can be tamed.
Does anyone know if the Drivetrain is serviceable? (ie grease points on motor/box) to prolong its life.
Now trying to resist buying a newer Ebike!
Thanks, and nice to meet you.

Tandeman

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All the details on my Lafree site, the details on servicing the motor unit on the Panasonic button using the "Old Unit" information and repairs link.

Don't bother to try internal servicing if it's running ok, they don't normally need it.

tandeman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2012
That's great! - many thanks Flecc.

Anyone out there got an old/dead Twist energy set they want to sell????
I'd like to re-use my original 6.5 Nimh battery set to make up into the case to make a spare energy set.