Giant roam xr-e electric bike size large

insanewayne

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 25, 2014
2014 Giant roam XR-E
Size large. RRP £1699.99
I bought this new in Aug 2014 it has around 500ks showing on the LCD. it's very clean still as new really just very light use, and I really look after my stuff. extras I fitted schwalbe marathon tyres, as I hate flats and have used these for years and they are very good. also giant metal full guards in black. I have all paper work, charger and receipt from my local giant dealer.
bikes in essex ss8 postcode.
Would like a pick up but could post due to cost and weight it would be around £45.00

Price £1200.00

Will arrange some pics to post, I get my new haibike next week so would like to sell after that.

Email me direct for fast reply waynenics@gmail.com

Any questions just ask. thank you.

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
to be honest it's been brilliant, and I don't really want to change it, but i test rode the haibike urban, and really loved it. the giant works so well as a normal bike but with the aid of a great motor, the motor works silent and interacts great with the rider, It's made my 12 mile journey to work great fun and easy.

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
No takers at the mo. Maybe the used e bike market is slow. Or it's time of year. I'll try again in the spring.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No takers at the mo. Maybe the used e bike market is slow. Or it's time of year. I'll try again in the spring.
Not the best time to sell any bike.

I think yours is a bit too dear for a couple of reasons.

A buyer with £1,000 to spend can get something brand new that goes further and faster, albeit not from such a well-known brand.

At £1,000 your bike is depreciated about 40 per cent, that's about right for an almost new bike.

But yours has done 500km+, so I reckon a further allowance needs to be made for the mileage.

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
Not the best time to sell any bike.

I think yours is a bit too dear for a couple of reasons.

A buyer with £1,000 to spend can get something brand new that goes further and faster, albeit not from such a well-known brand.

At £1,000 your bike is depreciated about 40 per cent, that's about right for an almost new bike.

But yours has done 500km+, so I reckon a further allowance needs to be made for the mileage.
Sorry but have to totally disagree with you. For a £1000 new. You get a basic gear driven motor bolted on to a poor Quality mid battery mounted bike. Yes you can fit a massive battery for more range. But it's still a bad bike. This is a proper bike with the right set up for how a e bike should be. And at the right price for a, as new bike with 350 miles on it. I've almost sold it twice. Once it was to big. And the other guys just not ready. Sure it will go. Just need the right person

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Sorry but have to totally disagree with you. For a £1000 new. You get a basic gear driven motor bolted on to a poor Quality mid battery mounted bike. Yes you can fit a massive battery for more range. But it's still a bad bike. This is a proper bike with the right set up for how a e bike should be. And at the right price for a, as new bike with 350 miles on it. I've almost sold it twice. Once it was to big. And the other guys just not ready. Sure it will go. Just need the right person
As an experienced ebike user and buyer, I agree with much of what you say.

But I think most of your target market will not have that experience.

After all, an in-depth knowledge of ebikes is hardly going to make someone a hit at dinner parties.

I also think your are being a bit harsh on the likes of Cyclezee bikes - they have a well-founded reputation for being sturdy and reliable.

Giant ebikes are the same in that respect, but they have always been strangely uninspiring, which is not going to help any seller, new or used.

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
Sorry but I have to disagree with you. feel I may not win this one. Giant have been a bit plane in the past but not now. Mine is a very sexy e bike. As for cyclelee I've no idea who they are. And like me as a customer wanting to spend 1-2k on a bike. Should I go with giant a massive world wide company with massive r and d dept and a dealer network with back up. Or a un none importing there own bikes. Not that there could be anything wrong with the bikes. But I know who I did chose.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree yours is a very nice stylish e-bike and am sure it's only the very small size of the market for this type of e-bike and the time of year that has prevented it selling at £1000.

I do think you overrate Giant where e-bikes are concerned though. Big as they are, they have produced some real flops and the only one that had a fair degree of success was designed by the Dutch Lafree design organisation. Giant have no experience of designing the electrical side and have always bought in motors and electrical systems from the likes of Panasonic, Sanyo et al.

Cyclezee are a UK e-bike agent whose name was derived from their first agency, which was for the eZee Kinetics e-bikes. Ezee Kinetics are one of the most long experienced of today's e-bike manufacturers, designing their own electrics including their own very powerful motor.

The eZee e-bikes have completed some gruelling long distance journeys in various hands and have been ridden by the company's chief executive and designer in long stages over a very large proportion of the Silk Route. He, Singaporean Wai Won Ching, has probably forgotten more about e-bike systems than Giant have ever known.

Reactions: Cyclezee

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
I agree yours is a very nice stylish e-bike and am sure it's only the very small size of the market for this type of e-bike and the time of year that has prevented it selling at £1000.

I do think you overrate Giant where e-bikes are concerned though. Big as they are, they have produced some real flops and the only one that had a fair degree of success was designed by the Dutch Lafree design organisation. Giant have no experience of designing the electrical side and have always bought in motors and electrical systems from the likes of Panasonic, Sanyo et al.

Cyclezee are a UK e-bike agent whose name was derived from their first agency, which was for the eZee Kinetics e-bikes. Ezee Kinetics are one of the most long experienced of today's e-bike manufacturers, designing their own electrics including their own very powerful motor.

The eZee e-bikes have completed some gruelling long distance journeys in various hands and have been ridden by the company's chief executive and designer in long stages over a very large proportion of the Silk Route. He, Singaporean Wai Won Ching, has probably forgotten more about e-bike systems than Giant have ever known.
thank you for that a great advert. You must be a relation. Take it you don't own a giant.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
thank you for that a great advert. You must be a relation. Take it you don't own a giant.

A rather silly and hopelessly inaccurate response. I am not in any way related or commercially connected to Cyclezee or eZee Kinetics, but I do know a lot about the e-bike commercial world.

My original e-bike was Giant's one successful model, the Lafree Twist Lite which was current from 2001 to 2006 inclusive. In addition I run the support website for that Giant model series, link here.

So you are wrong on all points.

D

Deleted member 4366

Two significant factors will make your bike unattractive to potential buyers:
1. Its large size. There's too many short people!
2. Direct drive motor. Most people want a free-wheeling motor.

I hope you find a buyer soon.. If you want to sell it soon, I think £750 would be a more realistic price, but you might get lucky.

insanewayne

Nov 25, 2014
Two significant factors will make your bike unattractive to potential buyers:
1. Its large size. There's too many short people!
2. Direct drive motor. Most people want a free-wheeling motor.

I hope you find a buyer soon.. If you want to sell it soon, I think £750 would be a more realistic price, but you might get lucky.
Thanks for the feedbackI'll hang out no rush. Enjoying my new ride at the mo.