Giant Twist 2.0 convert to throttle?

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
Is there anyway to convert a Giant Twist 2.0 to Throttle control?

I have looked at the controller, and there is no spare connectors for the standard controller.

OK, so i could just fit a new controller and throttle, but wondered if there was a way to mod the original controller?

Neil

shane

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2010
the giant suede can be done i don't know if the handlebar controller is the same on the twist.problem is giant will not supply the uk with a throttle,i got mine from a bike shop in florida usa.when you open up the controller there is a little slot marked throttle then just plug and play i hope!!! i have't fitted it yet.should have it fitted this week.cheers shane.

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
Well I did briefly take out and look at the controller, and there is no spare socket on it to take a throttle, so it is either modify the controller or get another.

It is for a lady who cant pedal much, so she has bought another e-bike that does have throttle control, but the Giant is a better bike and she would like to use it, if I can make it pedal free. She does not live in the UK. Where she lives, there are no cars, only tractors, horses and cycles allowed on the roads. A licence for the e-bike is required, which can only be applied for with a doctors certificate, so there is no UK pedal assist laws to worry about.

shane

Oct 2, 2010
well i fitted the throttle to my giant suede plug and play but it is'nt playing!! maybe you have to do something else? throw salt over your shoulder.any idea's? cheers shane.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Could it need the pedelec sensor shorting out? The post below tells you about the "power on demand" mod, and the sensor shorting might be necessary for the throttle to work:

Suede Power on Demand mod

shane

Oct 2, 2010
cheers flecc, as always you are a big help!! i will give the mod a go.i will let you know how i get on. thanks again shane.