Good practice

Quicken

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2006
Hello,

I just thought I would suggest some basic good practice guidelines for the classifieds forum. When an item listed for sale here has been sold, it would be a good idea to indicate this to other forum users by changing the title of the thread so that it says sold, rather than for sale. You can do this by editing the first post of the thread, and clicking on Go Advanced. You can also add a last post explaining that the item has been sold. This will save potential buyers from hope and disappointment, and sellers from being pestered after the sale.

Best,
Q

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Good idea, I will also update thread titles if I spot the item is no longer for sale/sold and also close the thread.

cheers
Russ.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Just a reminder folks if the item is no longer for sale please can you update your thread so we can close it.

cheers

Russ.

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Wanted used Sprint 7

Just a reminder folks if the item is no longer for sale please can you update your thread so we can close it.

cheers

Russ.
Hello Russ:
I tried to update my posting on Classifieds " Wanted a Used Sprint 7" but the update would not 'stick'.
I am satisifed and I wanted to alter the posting to that effect.
Thanks
Peter

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
No problem Pete, i've updated the title for you!

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
help in altering title

Hi Russ,

I have tried to alter the title of my thread to Sold. But it will not change the original heading.

Can you please do it for me. it is the Urban mover 44L thread.

Thanks

joolsp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2009
Title didn't change

Tried to change title to say my Kalkhoff Pro Connect is sold but it still shows as for sale in listing...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm afraid thread titles cannot be edited in any forum. Probably the best bet is to open editing on the original entry, delete all the text and substitute in large bold letters, "Item now sold".

That saves a potential buyer scrolling down past any entries below.

lampy

May 6, 2010
HELP! I can't edit my post or delete it and start over, it's in classifieds and is Smarta LX8 for sale....no edit or delete button appears despite my permissions saying I should be able to.

Thanks!

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I'll amend the permissions in this forum so that posts can be edited.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi cant seem to amend my post in electric bike classifieds (Ezee for sale) bike is now SOLD Thanks

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
You can't change the thread title irrespective of the administrator posts above.

Matt Williams

Aug 6, 2014
Hi John

Couldn't edit my first post. I've added a final post saying the bike is sold. But please can you amend the 2015 Kalkhoff Agattu Premium Impulse 8 (50cm) Crossbar £2100 post to say it's sold.
Thanks
Matt

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Hi John

Couldn't edit my first post. I've added a final post saying the bike is sold. But please can you amend the 2015 Kalkhoff Agattu Premium Impulse 8 (50cm) Crossbar £2100 post to say it's sold.
Thanks
Matt
Don’t know if you mean me but I can’t amend posts. I’m glad you sold it and I hope you didn’t lose too much on it.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Hi
Cant edit first post to say my Woosh Sport CD has sold today, put new post to say its sold but cant edit title. Can you alter it to sold please.
Thanks
Dennis

Roybut

Mar 11, 2016
Hello,

I also cannot edit the post for the Woosh Karoo. It has been sold. Could someone please edit it for me, please?

Putty

Nov 5, 2016
Paignton
Hello. I would like to sell the wife’s Bolt Burlington here but seem unable to post.
Thanks.

Doh. Just seen it. Ignore me please I am a numpty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk