Good source for a BBSHD?

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Seems pswpower are out of stock in their UK warehouse.

Cheap and trustworthy!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Thanks pswpower do have the 52v version... Is it still the case that this causes problems with the display when run on 48v or are the displays (500c) configurable these days?

As I dont have a battery yet, this is probably ok for me but I'm conscious that my bike is going to be way overpowered. I'll be speed limiting it at 25mph but it'll get there quickly and up any hill. Hopefully will be rock-solid reliability wise as its detuned.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
TBH i'm not up to date with the changes that have been made to the HD drive units recently. I understood it needed firmware flashing to run on 52v, but not sure if that stops it running on 48v. I think there is more choice of 48v batteries than 52v.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I've used Greenenergy Electric Bike Store on Aliexpress a couple of times for BBS01 drives last year. No issues, good prices (pay in $ with a fee free card if you can), use cashback sites and discount codes. Both my drives were delivered from their uk warehouse tax free (order from China no tax)

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Yes, whilst I can select to have it delivered from the UK warehouse, I should deliberately not do this??

"Greenergy Purchase Tips For EU customers :
If you choose ship from China to make new order , the tax or duty will be reduce automatically when you arrange payment , it is paid by sellers (Enjoy Extra 19%-30% OFF) , The delivery time only need 3-7 work days."

So whilst its listed as 550 in my basket, I'll get 19% off when I actually pay??

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Yes, whilst I can select to have it delivered from the UK warehouse, I should deliberately not do this??

"Greenergy Purchase Tips For EU customers :
If you choose ship from China to make new order , the tax or duty will be reduce automatically when you arrange payment , it is paid by sellers (Enjoy Extra 19%-30% OFF) , The delivery time only need 3-7 work days.
"

So whilst its listed as 550 in my basket, I'll get 19% off when I actually pay??
Probably, but you may have to pay VAT, import charges, customs duty and handling charges on its arrival in the UK.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Probably, but you may have to pay VAT, import charges, customs duty and handling charges on its arrival in the UK.
not if it's shipped from the uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is likely already in the UK in a holding warehouse.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Surely, if he selects If you choose ship from China then it won't be shipped from the UK, or already in a UK holding warehouse?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Surely, if he selects If you choose ship from China then it won't be shipped from the UK, or already in a UK holding warehouse?
As I have already stated I ordered two motors from this supplier last year ordered from China option, both were delivered from their UK warehouse within a few days after ordering. No tax or duty

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think we must be talking at cross-purposes somehow. There are two shipping options.
Ship from UK at full price: quick and no extra tax or duty.
Ship from China and save 19% upfront cost: ??? on speed and extra tax/duty.

It looks as if you were lucky, you chose 'ship from China' so you saved the cost, but they shipped from UK anyway? Is that correct? I wonder how long that will work for them as a business model?

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Update: I've got one for £439 inclusive and pretty pleased with that.

Ordered from someone with 67% feedback on amazon market place. Was based in China bit it was sent from a warehouse in Germany via dhl and parcel force. Only took 5 days to get here from ordering. No tax or handling charges to pay, but the paperwork on the box declares its value at 50euros.

I did have a moment a few hours after ordering where I thought what have I done, partly as the pics and the text were inconsistent and so I thought it might be the wrong bottom bracket width, but it is all good.