GPS Tracker for £2 a month

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I bough two Vodafone Curves a while back to clip on our dogs harnesses when they are out (incase they get spooked when off lead).

The Curve is excellent, never had any issues with ours.

At £2 a month per Curve it's a bargain really.

Reactions: gsm.terra

camarint

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2021
We ordered several service systems. They offered different options, but... The monitoring system will help to identify points related to irrational use of vehicles, fuel dumping, the unfair performance of labor duties by employees and to optimize business processes. If managers manually manage the monitoring, there is a possibility of a critical error. So. it's best to take an example from https://www.myevzone.com/vehicle-tracking-systems-a-complete-guide-for-fleet-managers/ and order a ready-made system that will ensure managers. As an employee of a logistics company, I can advise - I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: gsm.terra

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Well I have bought the Vodafone Bike Curve GPS, irrespective of all of the negatives about not wanting monthly subscriptions or built in Sim cards if nothing else it will demonstrate to my insurers I have taken every reasonable precaution in case of theft. Now all I need is a bike to go with it! It would be nice if someone answered even just one of my emails!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well I have bought the Vodafone Bike Curve GPS, irrespective of all of the negatives about not wanting monthly subscriptions or built in Sim cards if nothing else it will demonstrate to my insurers I have taken every reasonable precaution in case of theft. Now all I need is a bike to go with it! It would be nice if someone answered even just one of my emails!
Who are you emailing? At least the wait is only costing you £2 a month....

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
You know what they say about assumptions..... I bought the actual Curve GPS/Bike Light. Haven't signed up to anything yet, but I will. Eventually.
Billy no mates, that's me, Inbox is empty, except for that one email from the Nigerian Financial Advisor!

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Now all I need is a bike to go with it! It would be nice if someone answered even just one of my emails!
Turns out that the girl in charge of emails had not received any of mine, which I found a little odd as they were going to her colleague at the same company. I have been told, today, that it will be with me on Friday. I think I had best remind the lady it is Good Friday this week and possibly not! I don't care when it is to be honest as long as I know.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Turns out that the girl in charge of emails had not received any of mine, which I found a little odd as they were going to her colleague at the same company. I have been told, today, that it will be with me on Friday. I think I had best remind the lady it is Good Friday this week and possibly not! I don't care when it is to be honest as long as I know.
Send them the tracker for the bike and track it's progress? What bike did you order? Hope it all works out well.

Last edited:

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
It will work out fine I am sure, I have ordered a Wisper Wayfarer step through, in Red. I am really looking forward to it and to be honest I really do have "all the gear" though I have told her, If I start ordering Lycra, shoot me!
Rather hoping it does arrive this week though as I can start to make a fool of myself sooner rather than later :) One of the reasons I went for this particular make and model was the battery size I can get (700Wh), not that I have any intention of marathon trips across the Pennines but nice to know you have all that reserve with all the hills around here, the other major factor was that David, the MD of the company really believes in his product and that is pretty obvious from his posts, that and the fact he makes no secret of the origins of the components and the system of build/delivery, I personally prefer it when people are straight and up front about things. Gives me confidence in the product.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Well I have bought the Vodafone Bike Curve GPS, irrespective of all of the negatives about not wanting monthly subscriptions or built in Sim cards ..............................
I've just ordered a Vodafone Curve too - currently £15 on their website (wow, just found it on an even special offer for existing vodafone customer at £9.99 here - a 2nd curve for a fiver too valid until 31May22 - drat!) but the monthly subscription has gone up to £2.99 (the average price of a latte in a cafe and I sink a good few of those on my bike rides :rolleyes: ).

I've read through this thread more than once and watched far too many youtube clips on such devices and I've bored myself to death trying to determine which one to go for, so more out of frustration with my own prevarication, I thought, fifteen squid and a few latte equivalents, I'll just get one to determine exactly how well they perform and what functionality the Vodafone app brings to the game.

Then of course there's where to put the thing? It's not very large (16.4mm thick, 42.1mm dia and weighing it at 30g) so a few options but I won't be saying where I'll be hiding it - that's a bit like revealing under which flower pot I've left the door key!

When you look at some of the higher end devices on youtube such as those that go inside handle bars (surely that reduces the sensitivity of the GPS receiver?) or the cheaper ones built into rear lights or get stuck underneath saddles, have a look at how many times the video has been viewed and you'll see that the device's location isn't exactly a secret!!!

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Gone up to £2.99 now and just connected straight to my Vodafone account, all sorted, connected and working. I was pleasantly surprised how easy this was and how accurate it appears to be. Well pleased with it.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Gone up to £2.99 now and just connected straight to my Vodafone account, all sorted, connected and working. I was pleasantly surprised how easy this was and how accurate it appears to be. Well pleased with it.
I use a cheapo rear light bike tracker, which costs me £10 a year - I'm supposed to top up every 6 months with another tenner because it's on Giffgaff PAYG, but for some reason they haven't disconnected my number, or said that they would be doing so. The worry is that someone would steal the bike light tracker, but I could hunt them down!

Where on your bike, have you attached your tracker? When did you order your Wispa and how long did delivery take?

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Where on your bike, have you attached your tracker? When did you order your Wispa and how long did delivery take?
It is going to be attached to the rear of the seat post. It is the Bike light/Tracker combo. Ordered the bike March the 21st and hope to have it soon.

Reactions: Bikes4two

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It is going to be attached to the rear of the seat post. It is the Bike light/Tracker combo. Ordered the bike March the 21st and hope to have it soon.
You could always message Wisper on this forum, find out what the delay is due to:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I could but I feel it is an imposition especially as he employs someone (Lucy) whose job it is to keep up with the orders.
That's certainly very nice of you, but TBH at over 3 weeks, I don't mind admitting I'd be hopping mad by now... rarin' to go, foaming at the mouth, champing at the bit thinking about 75p spent per week on a poor orphaned GPS bike tracker, that knows where it is but has nowhere to go.

Last edited:
  • :D

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
That's certainly very nice of you, but TBH at over 3 weeks, I don't mind admitting I'd be hopping mad by now... rarin' to go, champing at the bit thinking about 75p spent per week on a poor orphaned GPS bike tracker, that knows where it is but has nowhere to go.
Thing is I am usually in David's shoes most days so I know what it's like, It would be nice to have the bike here for the weekend as I have planned a bit of time for myself for a change. As for the GPS tracker I will stick it in the van for a run out and see how fast the ring fencing I have set up reacts!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thing is I am usually in David's shoes most days so I know what it's like, It would be nice to have the bike here for the weekend as I have planned a bit of time for myself for a change. As for the GPS tracker I will stick it in the van for a run out and see how fast the ring fencing I have set up reacts!
He's on this forum for customer service reasons, one imagines. In my experience, any one person coming forward with an issue is often indicative of a larger number who have suffered in silence, therefore you'd be doing him a favour by giving him the opportunity to nip a growing problem early, before it infests his green and pleasant lawn.