Greenway Cross City

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
I've not been out on mine for a couple of weeks, been real busy , if I get a chance I'll try to get out and have a listen to the motor see if I can hear anything ,I too am running 22 amps and unlimited speed (well 60kmh)still with the 48t sprocket, I know motor is working hard at times , even with GA cells I see the overactive battery meter moving downwards and recovering.

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
I'm up to about 550 miles on mine now - no issues of note to report.

20amps with 80% keep current. Will up to 90% once I find my cable again!

With the 30Q pack, the battery gauge seems well behaved - I no longer see the gauge fall and then recover again.

Still very pleased with it.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm up to about 550 miles on mine now - no issues of note to report.

20amps with 80% keep current. Will up to 90% once I find my cable again!

With the 30Q pack, the battery gauge seems well behaved - I no longer see the gauge fall and then recover again.

Still very pleased with it.
That is a 4P10S pack? I have forgotten sorry.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
75a pack not going to see sag with that.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's 15Ah 36v from Jimmy at BGA with 30Q cells - couldn't tell you the configuration, but I guess that's enough for you to work it out!
5P10S then. Waiting on payday so that I can get my 90a battery built! :)

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Thanks All.
It seems to come and go and is a bit random. It's actually less of a hum, more of the sort of noise when as a kid you used to attach cards to your bike so they hit the spokes to make it sound like a motor bike...only a lot quieter, just over the normal motor noise.
I've not noticed any difference in performance though so will see how it develops.

josephcornelius

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Somerset
Well I finally racked up 1000 miles on my Greenway and decided it was time to regrease the gearbox with Aeroshell 22. Photos attached for anyone interested.IMG_20170712_182305.jpg IMG_20170712_182708.jpg IMG_20170712_190911.jpg

I was pleasantly suprised to see how well engineered the unit was, even down to having specific tapped holes to prise the casing apart (3 off, use the case bolts in them).

Interestingly the white grease had gone a dark brown in places - not sure what caused that, certainly no water ingress as the unit is pretty well sealed.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
I guess as I've mentioned my previous noise issue on this thread I'll update it here too and also post on the 'Bafang Max Drive' thread.

I've noticed the 'clicking' or 'whirring' noise from my motor to be getting more noticable recently and it even does it with the motor off and rear wheel lifted whilst turning the cranks.

I suspect at the very least I will need to remove and strip the motor down as shown by @josephcornelius above, and try re-greasing to see if this helps. At the worst possibly looking at replacing the whole motor maybe ?

Has anybody else on here had any similar issues with the max drive unit ?

Based on worse case scenario can anybody recommend a seller for a replacement motor unit. I'm struggling to find any UK based sellers but seen a few on Alibaba for about $460, presumably with customs duty to add to that.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers